Gone Away (Tech)

Prompt:
When Tech falls out of the transport machine attached to the Imperial base holding Crosshair, (Y/N) must cope with the realization that her boyfriend is gone forever.

Requested by StarRadio

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

I gritted my teeth as the adrenaline rush began to flow through my veins. Everything had gone according to Hunter's plan. We had attacked this Imperial base in hopes to free Crosshair from the Empire after we received the green light that such a mission could be completed. Then, Saw Gerrara came into the picture.

Now, the Bad Batch and I are hanging hundreds of feet above the surface in a transport machine that was without power. To top it all off, another transport machine that is stagnant beside ours had very angry Stormtroopers that were dead-set on taking us down... not to mention the oncoming TIE-Fighters.

"Stay strong, guys," Hunter whispered while leaning out of the side of the transport machine to shoot at the oncoming TIE-Fighters. I'd witnessed Hunter take out a craft like this with just his blaster, so it wouldn't surprise me if he could do it again.
Fighting the Stormtroopers was Echo, Omega, Wrecker, and I. My boyfriend, Tech, was calculating a way to either fall safely, or get the power back on so the group could escape.

Wrecker grunted while nailing one of the Stormtroopers across from us in the face with a fatal blaster bolt, "Tech, you need to get us out of here!"

"Give me a moment, Wrecker," my boyfriend snapped back; his fingers moving 100 miles an hour while his brain attempted to complete the math and probabilities as quickly as possible, "If you keep distracting me, we will never get out of here alive."

"Let him work," I snapped, not liking the sound of that, "Wrecker, you have your own job to do. Help Echo, Omega, and I get those Stormtroopers."

The only other person the Bad Batch took orders from besides Hunter is me. I have proven myself to them countless times, so Wrecker didn't argue against my command. He knew it would be better for everyone if he did listen. We needed to wipe those Stormtroopers out before we fell to our deaths.
After a few more shots at the other transport machine, Echo and I nailed a few more. All that was left was the oncoming TIE-Fighters, which Hunter was inclined to take care of.

After Hunter took a few more shots at the fighter pilots, only one fell. We were still in a tight situation here with two more TIE-Fighters inbound. At this point, I was with Wrecker... Tech needed to hurry this up.

A few more blaster-filled moments passed, and Tech finally looked up. He locked eyes with me and shot me a small smile. Tech's attempts at reassurance always worked with me, and this time was no different,
"Alright. I have the necessary calculations to try and get the power back on. The only problem is I need to get onto the roof of the transport."

I gulped. Hunter wasn't capable of taking down all of the TIE-Fighters, and who knew how many more were on their way to shoot us down!
"Is there another way?" I asked stupidly. It was obvious that Tech wouldn't suggest something this risky if there was another option.

Tech walked over and extended his hand to my cheek. He slowly stroked it lovingly; his smile still plastered to his lips, "Don't worry, my love. I'm careful enough to do it, and I'll be fast. I just need to be covered. If I get shot by those TIEs up there, I'm done. I know you will do what needs to be done."