That Side of You (Kylo Ren)

A/N: This pic of Adam Driver is honestly the only thing keeping me going rn. He's so pretty.
~~~~~

Prompt:
(Y/N) was best friends with Ben Solo whenever he burnt down the Jedi Temple and murdered all of the Younglings. She runs into him on a mission to take down the First Order, and they must fight through their differences to be together once more.

Requested by AllisonTart

Part 1!

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Even all these years later, combatting the First Order created such a painful anxiety, that I felt like curling into a ball on the ground and sobbing. The only reason I don't do that is because of my best friend, Rey. She's such a powerful support in my life, and I hold her close considering my old best friend, Ben Solo— now known as Kylo Ren, left me in the dust. And now, the two of us are running for our very lives from some incoming Stormtroopers.

"Where are Poe and Finn?" I shouted while ducking my head away from oncoming blaster bolts, "They were supposed to be here by now! If they were discovered, we might as well kiss our lives goodbye!"

"They will show up, (Y/N), don't worry!" Rey shot back, obviously not happy about my lack of trust towards Poe and Finn, "They've never let me down before, and I don't think they're ready to start that trend."

I made a mental note to apologize to her later about doubting our friends. Now was not the time to blame our own for failure— we already have the First Order as our enemies. We don't need to gang up on our friends too.
For some context, Rey and I were made aware of the First Order's location in the galaxy, and Poe decided to fly the two of us out there. Rey had the intention of killing Kylo, and I felt an obligation to attend considering I was Ben's Jedi Academy friend. I was the only one that the Sith didn't kill, and I don't quite know why.

Finally, I spotted a familiar face when Rey and I managed to squeeze around a corner. Finn! Thank the force,
"Where have you been?" I shouted, racing beside him while grabbing his arm, "We have to move now, so speak while we run!"

Everyone in the Resistance hated when I got both mad and in a hurry. Certain circumstances changed how I acted by a whole lot, and this situation was no different. I was unsurprised when I saw Finn muster an eye roll, "Poe said he was going to find a better hiding spot to stick the Millennium Falcon in. He said there were too many TIEs around."
Sounds about right— the man was always overly-cautious when it came to combatting the First Order, "Why aren't the two of you fighting with Kylo Ren right now?"

"He's nowhere to be found, and we've attracted a lot of unwanted attention!" Rey shouted while dipping behind a corner as another red blaster bolt headed right towards her back, "Fortunately, all of this Stormtrooper activity might draw him out of hiding. (Y/N) knows personally that he's not one to hide when he's challenged."

I huffed at that. I was never a huge fan of Rey talking about my past in regards to Ben Solo, but I guess she wasn't wrong about that, "Don't say it like that, Rey. You make it sound like I know him better than everyone else here. I knew him when we were kids— both of us have changed so much that he might as well be a complete stranger."

The incoming fire from the Stormtroopers then began to filter out into nothingness. I began to believe maybe Poe had managed to find all of us and stage a rescue, but that thought was quickly lost once I realized what had actually happened.
The Stormtroopers had been called off by their Supreme Leader— Kylo Ren,