Let Her Go (Anakin Skywalker)

Prompt:
Bariss Offee has just been discovered as a Jedi traitor. Now, Ahsoka is leaving the Jedi Order, and Altheria must help Anakin cope with this.

Requested by AllisonTart

She/Her
•OC Insert

Part 5! Lies of the Jedi

3rd POV: Altheria
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

It had been a few days since Ahsoka had fled from the Jedi Temple, and Altheria and Anakin finally had the proof they needed to mark the Padawan innocent. She hadn't murdered anyone— it was Barriss Offee.
Now, all Anakin and Altheria had to do was set a trap to prove their theory, and Altheria had a good idea to do such a thing.

She would enter Ahsoka's quarters, as if she was looking for clues or packing up the Togruta's things, and she would bring Barriss with her. Altheria would start a conversation about the whole affair, and knowing the tendencies of Sith, Barriss would inevitably attack Altheria.
She would engage in sword fight with the Padawan, and eventually, Anakin would jump in and subdue the traitor. It was pretty perfect for a plan made on the fly, but Altheria would do anything for her husband's apprentice.
Now, she must make this work.

Altheria walked into the Jedi library, spotting Barriss across the way. The Jedi walked up to the Padawan with a convincing smile on her face, "Evening, Padawan Offee. If you're not to busy, can I ask of some assistance? I know you were close to Ahsoka, and I need some help going through her stuff."

"Why isn't Master Skywalker offering to go through his Padawan's things?" the Mirialan asked. She closed the book she was reading, 'A guide to Outer Rim planets,' and followed before Altheria could reply.

"Master Skywalker is actually with Master Kenobi right now," Altheria lied convincingly, "They're with the 501st trying to figure out how to track Ahsoka down and bring her to justice before anyone else is harmed."

Barriss nodded, taking the bait rather well, "Good. Someone as diabolical as Ahsoka shouldn't be walking free. For a Jedi to take a life unprovoked... it's despicable."

Barriss hid her Sith presence very well. Perhaps it was because she has gone through vigorous training with Master Luminara, or maybe she is simply just strong enough to hide her signature to begin with. Either way, this worried Altheria. The fact that Barriss could lie so easily and get away with murder under the entirety of the Jedi Order and the Grand Republic scared her. Barriss was for sure a force to be reckoned with, and Altheria needed to make sure Ahsoka was freed.

Altheria lead the Padawan into Ahsoka's quarters. Just being in here made Altheria so sad. Ahsoka kept a little stuffed animal tucked neatly on her mattress. Of course, her bed was made perfectly, and all of her things were set neatly around the room. It still looked like a Jedi's room, but there were pieces of things that truly made it Ahsoka's room,
"What kind of things are you gathering for Master Skywalker?" Barriss asked, dragging Altheria away from her thoughts.

"Anything that would be a belonging to Ahsoka," Altheria answered while grabbing the Togruta's stuffed animal from her unused bed, "Unfortunately, until Ahsoka is marked innocent, there is another Padawan in the Order that can use her room."

Altheria could feel the amusement from Barriss immediately at that. It was as if she really believed her plan was working. If Barriss believed both Anakin and Altheria believed Ahsoka was the murderer, what other things could she get away with regarding the Jedi Order? Was murder just the beginning?