Execution (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) has been seeing Thrawn for a while now, and it's beginning to grow dangerous to be in a relationship with him, as she is still a loyal Rebel.

Requested by siriania

Part 2! I Won't Say 'Love'

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

You stood in the council room on Yavin 4; a surprised look on your face. You were reading the words on the document, but nothing was making any sense! Somehow the Rebels had captured Admiral Thrawn, and were planning on executing him tonight!
Admiral Thrawn was the love of your life, and although the two of you were on the absolute opposite political sides, you still loved him. You couldn't imagine Thrawn actually getting captured... and now your allies were going to kill him!

"Exciting day, right (Y/N)?" a voice said behind you. You spun around and locked eyes with Mon Mothma, "We finally captured that traitor, and he will get what he has coming to him. He's been head of command for quite a while, and he has so much blood on his hands. This is honestly a relief for the Rebellion."

You began shaking from anger. Of course, no one in the Rebellion knew about yours and Thrawn's relationship, and no matter how much Mon Mothma angered you with her words, it would be better if it would remain that way,
"I don't believe in the death penalty," you responded plainly, "If anything, he should be locked up for life."

"That's too nice for a monster like that," Mothma claimed, "He would probably create an alliance in prison and stage an escape. It has happened before with a handful of bounty hunters on Coruscant during the Clone Wars. We can't risk Thrawn's escape."

You shook your head and scanned the paper once more. It claimed Thrawn was being held on Yavin 4! You had to help him escape even if that meant betraying the Rebels! He was your soulmate, and nothing would change that... no sugar-coated words from Mon Mothma would change that either.
"Although we have differences in opinions, I trust your judgement if you think it's a good idea to kill the Grand Admiral."

That was a lie.
That was the biggest lie you'd ever told anyone in your entire life. You didn't trust Mothma's judgement, and you wouldn't let her people kill the love of your life,

"I'm glad you agree, then," she stated while taking her leave, "You're wanted in the hangar in an hour for oil changes and polishing for the ships."

That was another problem with Mon Mothma. After all of your endless duties and efforts for the Rebellion, she always stuck you on ship cleaning detail. You were a war hero, and this is how she thanks you? Ship duty...
Another reason to betray the Rebels.

You quickly began to pack your backpack full of all the supplies you would need to successfully stage a prison break then a runaway mission with a war criminal. This was probably the stupidest thing you'd ever planned on doing, but Thrawn was worth it. He was worth it in every aspect imaginable.
Once you were packed, it was time for the hard part: actually locating your boyfriend.

You knew where the prison sector was on Yavin 4, but it was incredibly guarded and there were multiple levels. Likely, the level you would need to get into to find Thrawn would be a clearance-only sector, so you would have to be very convincing when you went to rescue him. Thankfully, lying was a strong suite of yours.

It was a pretty long walk to get to the prison sector, but it wasn't too bad. You arrived after around half an hour of walking. There were Imperial prisoners being escorted in and out of the facility; the ones getting escorted out were likely sharing the same fate that Thrawn would— execution.
This wasn't the Rebellion you believed in and joined at the peak of the Empire. The old Rebels wouldn't have ever executed anyone no matter their crimes.