Without Hope (Anakin Skywalker)

Prompt:
(Y/N) (L/N) is injured in a battle against General Grievous. Both (Y/N) and Anakin Skywalker have been stranded from their battalion, so it's up to Anakin to keep them alive.

Requested by ReginaldKastle24

They/Them❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

The only sound you could make out through the various bombings and blaster shots was Anakin's rapid breathing. At this moment, you were being carried by the Chosen One, bridal style, as you were bleeding out.
General Grievous had gotten the upper hand of you during your battle with him. It had been a very difficult fight for both you and the cyborg, but ultimately, you had lost.

Grievous had gotten away just like the coward always did which made you very angry. The Council had given you and Anakin one job— take control of Naboo from the Separatists and capture or kill General Grievous. Neither of that had happened so far, and it seemed like the Republic wouldn't win this fight,

"Rex! Get the troops to fall back!" Anakin shouted to his captain as the Clone ran by with his blasters out towards his men, "We can't win this, and (Y/N) is hurt! We have to get them back to Coruscant."

"Our ships have been destroyed, sir! We will do our best to get backup here, but until then, we need to fight," Rex replied while shooting down a few battle droids that were approaching, "If you can get the General to safety, we can hold the Seppies off."

Anakin nodded his head in agreement and began sprinting away from the combat. Anakin and Rex's relationship was different from any other Jedi and Clone relationships. Anakin always took Rex's opinion seriously when deciding plans, and this time, he agreed with his Captain and made sure to get you to safety first.

You groaned and huffed at every step the Chosen One took; the movements alone causing pain to ricochet through your aching bones. You could sense Skywalker's fear, and you wished to eliminate them, but you couldn't. You felt terrible; terrible enough to worry that you might not see tomorrow.
As Anakin approached the medic tent that Kix had set up for the 501st, the unthinkable happened! A Separatist tank had taken aim at the two Jedi and fired off a shot. Luckily, the droid taking the shot had miscalculated the shot, and instead of embedding a blast into the Jedi, it hit the ground beneath the two of you.

The ground gave way; the dirt crumbling up and caved downwards into a large ditch. Anakin shouted in surprise as the two of you plummeted into the unknown.

You gasped in pain as you collided with rocks and pieces of earth. You had been separated from Anakin on the way down,
"(Y/N)? (Y/N), where are you?" Anakin coughed as the two of you touched ground. He was unscathed by the fall, but he had no idea if you'd made it, "(Y/N)!"

You coughed and rolled over onto your back; your eyes facing the top of the newly-created ditch within the Nabooian earth, "I'm right here, Anakin. Please help."

You weren't one to ask for help unless it was absolutely necessary. Your pride demanded it, but pride meant nothing right now. It felt like your lungs were filling up with blood and your breathing was weak. Fire was trailing through your veins from General Grievous' lightsabers. You silently knew you likely wouldn't make it out of this ditch alive.

Anakin rushed over the second he heard your voice; his face filled with worry, "I'm so sorry for dropping you! I didn't sense that blaster coming because I was so focused on keeping you safe."