Out of Line (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
Thrawn is protective over his old friend, (Y/N). She is a new Officer, and her and Thrawn knew each other before the Empire became the government powerhouse of the Galaxy. Governor Pryce doesn't know this, and she says something out of line to (Y/N) that Thrawn doesn't appreciate.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

I brushed off my crisp, clean, new grey Officer's uniform. I had just been promoted only a few moons ago, and this was my first time working directly underneath the Grand Admiral Thrawn. Unlike most Officers in the Empire, I knew Thrawn before the war. This was intimidating, sure, but it still felt good to be meeting an old friend again.
We grew up on the same planet, and he always showed me his friendlier, less cagey version of himself. Hopefully now that I'm an Officer, that wouldn't change.

I had two Stormtroopers by my side as I got into the elevator on the Chimaera. It would go up and directly into the bridge of the mighty Chimaera, where you would meet Thrawn for the first time in a long time.
His eyes were stuck in your mind; the way they glowed when the moonlight hit them. The way little creases appeared when he would smile. Just everything about his perfectly chiseled face... he was perfect to you.

The elevator soared up throughout the body of the Star Destroyer. The Stormtroopers and myself shared no conversation as it went. Once we reached the bridge, the elevator dinged, and the door slid open. The bridge was busily working; many workers using the computers to help keep the Chimaera moving, my fellow Officers bustling around, and Thrawn... he stood by the giant window in the bridge, looking out at the endless galaxy ahead of him.

The Stormtroopers went and stood by the elevator on each side, waiting for me to conclude my work with the Admiral. They would then lead me back to my quarters where I would retire for the night. Until then, I will speak with Thrawn about our next move against the pesky Rebellion,
"Grand Admiral," I greeted, walking up to the concentrated Chiss, "It has been a while."

The Admiral turned around, and although his expression was still hardened, I could notice a tad bit of softness in his gaze, "Officer (L/N)," he stated, "It is very nice to see you again."

"As it is with you, my old friend. How have you been?"

The Chiss turned sideways and looked back outside the window towards the stars; indicating he wished for me to join him. I did, and we stood closer than we had in years, "I have been rather frustrated lately with my Officers," he started, side eyeing me, "I requested you personally for a promotion because you have never let me down before. I trust I won't be wrong in this."

"Of course not," I replied enthusiastically, "I've helped you through many important issues in your life, and I won't stop now."

The Chiss smirked and nudged your shoulder, "Professionalism aside, it's nice to see you again. It has been too long."

I flushed with happiness over that comment. I figured Thrawn would be happy to see me, but it felt really nice to hear it from him. I nudged into his side, "It's good to see you too. It's been... far too long."

Thrawn and I had a history... sure, we were childhood friends that grew up together, but we had a deeper, more meaningful relationship than that. When we were attending shooting school, we began to see each other, romantically. Once the Empire took control, and before he was promoted to Grand Admiral, he was drafted by the Empire to one side of the galaxy, while I was sent to the other. We never really broke things off together, yet it doesn't feel right to say we are still lovers.