Mother, May I (Din Djarin)

Prompt:
After Din Djarin removed his helmet and showed his face to another living being, the Armourer, who is (Y/N) (L/N)'s mother, forbid him from seeing their boyfriend again. (Y/N) must make a choice that will forever change his life.

Requested by sab3rss_
((Happy birthday, buddy!!))

He/They❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

My mother was the legendary Mandalorian icon, the Armourer. That was a blessing and a curse. A blessing for the fact that no one dared to cross me or those I love in fear of the Armourer's wrath... and a curse because she is a stickler to the rules.
And my boyfriend broke the rules.

Din Djarin, as a way to propose to me, removed his helmet and presented me with a ring that would bind the two of us together forever. Unfortunately, by doing that, Din left the Creed and my mother refused the proposal.
Now, the two of us have been seeing each other in secret, which has been hard. Mother anticipates I will not stop seeing Din, so she's been following me.

Today was one of those days that I actually could sneak away and see Din without the fear of my mother following. Today was a Mandalorian initiation event for one of the Foundlings, and the Armourer would be busy. It was approaching the time where the initiation would take place, so now, I am packing my bags and readying for the walking trip across the planet.

That was the good thing about Din: he knew I would be unable to see him if he was off world because the Armourer would notice if my ship was suddenly missing, so he's risking everything by staying nearby. That just showed how much he loves me.

I shoved fistfuls of materials into my backpack while multitasking by putting my armour on. Although I don't always agree with my mother or our Creed, I will never leave it. The Mandalorian Creed has been everything I've ever known for my whole life. Although Din was brave enough to leave it, I don't know if I could be... even in the instance of a proposal.

There wasn't anyone on this planet that knew I was still loyal to Din. I made it very clear to my mother after Din removed his helmet that I would never see him again. I had always been loyal to the Armourer and had never given her a reason to suspect me of lying, yet here I was— lying about everything.
I will never stop seeing Din; that's for certain.

Swinging my bag across my shoulders, I immediately began the trek through the cave; hoping to look as nonchalant as possible. It mostly worked, however some of my fellow Mandalorians couldn't help but stare in confusion at my backpack. No one in the Creed often wore backpacks unless they were going out for a long journey. No one questioned it though, because there was a possibility I was on a mission given to me by my mother, and no one questions my mother.

The second I left the mouth of the cave, I continued to walk as if nothing was wrong and I wasn't going behind my mother's back. As I slowly left the view of the cave, I broke out into a sprint! My heart was hammering in my chest as I realized I will be able to be in my boyfriend's arms again.
Once the two of us decided what we would do, I would accept Din's proposal for real this time, and he would become my fiancé. My mother couldn't butt her way into our relationship if she couldn't find us.

A blessing and a curse was also the fact that my mother chose this planet for us to hide on. It was hot, humid, and no one in their right minds would come here unless they wanted to die from dehydration. So it was safe, but it was also nearly impossible to travel on foot with all my heavy armour on. I checked my holomap to see how far Din's coordinates were in comparison to my location, and luckily it wasn't too far. I would get to him in just a few hours if the dehydration didn't kill me first.