Chapter 025

Chapter 025

The talk show Zhao Rui had chosen for Ming Yu was called ‘Liu Chao’s Super Show.’

( Note: Play on names because Super is actually ‘Chao’ as well. )

Chao Chao, the name sounded a bit humorous, but it was because its owner was very funny and witty.

Yes, Liu Chao’s Super Show was called this because the host’s name was Liu Chao!

As a late-night talk show, ‘Liu Chao’s Super Show’ was ranked 9th on the list of ‘My Favourite TV Shows in Huaxia’ and was arguably one of the most popular talk shows in China.

The host, Liu Chao looked very ordinary but he could make all types of funny expressions. He often teased the guests and staff with a smile, gave brain teasers to test guests or let the guests play Truth or Dare. In short, this was the show’s policy: If Liu Chao wanted you to show something, you have to show it!

Once Ming Yu arrived at the station for the official recording, he noticed that there were only two guests invited for this episode of Liu Chao’s Super Show. The other guest was someone he actually knew— Wu Yuzhen!

Wu Yuzhen was greatly surprised when he saw Ming Yu, but the two chatted quickly and studied the manuscripts given by the program editor. They got familiar with the process and paid attention to some of the key points in the recording process.

A talk show like this definitely had a manuscript. It could even be said that most television shows had a set of special manuscripts to familiarize guests, allowing unexpected accidents to be avoided.

In this program, Liu Chao Chao’s manuscript didn’t have a lot to it. In order to allow more jokes, Liu Chao Chao informed guests of a few controversial issues he would bring up. In most cases, the guests needed to play along—

After all, the point was to create jokes.

The make-up artist applied light make-up to Ming Yu and Wu Yuzhen, they tidied up the clothing and the talk show recording began. Wu Yuzhen’s fame was higher so he sat closer to the host, while Ming Yu was sitting on the outside.

Ming Yu recorded many shows in his previous life. He was often present on the famous model series in Europe and the United States called ‘I am a Supermodel’, to the point where he could be considered a half permanent guests. Ming Yu had recorded many talk shots. He wasn’t as good at making jokes as the host, but it was easy for him to maintain a lively atmosphere.

“Then backstage at the Pei Feng fashion show, you actually wore that jacket inside out? How can that be? Ming Xiaoyu, you are definitely kidding right? I heard that Pei Feng’s fashion show has dozens of rehearsals. The designers also use a ruler to measure the distance you have to move!”

While talking, the host Liu Chao immediately pulled down his mouth to make a ‘panic-like’ look. Coupled with his slightly uneven eyes, a funny effect was created, causing Wu Yuzhen to laugh.

Early on in the program, Ming Yu reluctantly accepted being called ‘Ming Xiaoyu.’

At this moment, Ming Yu nodded with a helpless expression. “Dozens of times? If it really is dozens of times then I must be tired from the stage. But I really almost wore the clothing inside out. There were too many people in the background, everyone was nervous and we needed to take the time to perfect the clothing.” After saying this, Ming Yu paused before turning to Wu Yuzhen with a smile. “Sir Wu, I think you must know this more than me right?

Wu Yuzhen was surprised for a moment before quickly responding, “Yes, it really is busy behind the scenes of a catwalk…”

Not only did he not give the host a chance to speak, he took the intiative to throw the topic to another guest.