Chapter 239 - 240

Chapter 239

Five months after his debut, he became an inner personnel within Muse. This rate of progress is absolutely rare in the fashion industry.

This is the Luo Cheng who debuted with the Ji and Ya high-end fashion show, coupled with the support of the Muse Company and was on the inner cover of a top magazine.

Although the inner personnel are considered to have higher importantance to Muse, they will generally only arrange for an associate editor to participate in the decision-making of this matter. However, when Luo Cheng and his assistant Wen Ya came to Muse this time, the person they saw was the editor-in-chief of Muse, Song Chuci.

The handsome gentleman sat at one end of the conference room calmly and elegantly. After seeing them enter the room, he raised his hand to readjust the silver frame of his glasses on the bridge of his nose; his thin lips curled up and said: “Welcome to Muse, I’m Song Chuci.”

As soon as his voice rang out, Luo Cheng trembled three times.

He suddenly felt a tingling sensation running down his spine, instantly causing his hidden place to recall a certain aching sensation, and a trapped and painful feeling arose in his head.

Luo Cheng’s first reaction was: turn around and leave.

However, his assistant Wen Ya immediately grabbed his arm and frowned, “Luo Cheng?” 

Although Wen Ya was only an assistant of Luo Cheng, Ding Bo was willing to train her into a manager for Luo Cheng. This woman’s managing skills were very good and could subdue Luo Cheng’s playful nature at the same time, so Ding Bo had high hopes.

The result was as Dingbo’s had hoped for: Luo Cheng instantly yielded when faced with the tigress Wen Ya.

Luo Cheng let out a dry laugh then pulled out a stool and sat down opposite Song Chuci.

Next is the discussion between Wen Ya and a certain deputy editor of Muse. This is the first time Luo Cheng has participated in shoot for a top magazine, so this is a very important opportunity for him. Whether it was the style of the photo, the clothes he would model in, or the photographer in charge, all aspects were very important and Wen Ya must oversee them in person.

When Wen Ya was speaking with the deputy editor, Song Chuci barely spoke and occasionally nodded to express approval.

He seemed to be sitting there just because he had nothing better to do; he didn’t participate in the discussion and just sat there looking at Luo Cheng with a smile.

This kind of gaze seemed gentle and tolerant, but only the Luo Cheng he was staring at would notice that this man’s gaze was cold and indifferent; as if he was a cold-blooded and cruel hunter, staring at his prey. This made Luo Cheng feel completely disoriented and uneasy.

Damn it, Laozi isn’t your prey!

After Wen Ya’s presentation was over, the two sides reached an agreement and decided the official shoot will start the day after tomorrow.

Before leaving, the editor-in-chief Song, who had been sitting in his seat silently, stood up and stretched out his hand to Luo Cheng. To the latter’s surprise, he said: “I am very happy to have the opportunity to cooperate with you, Luo Cheng.”

The tone in which he spoke the name “Luo Cheng” was magnetic and low; it was as if a small feather gently swept across the heart of the owner of the name.

The handshake was short, but it made Luo Cheng feel numb. Even after he and Wen Ya left Muse, he couldn’t help but to look back several times.

Wen Ya didn’t pay attention to Luo Cheng’s actions at first, but Luo Cheng’s frequent movements of looking back grabbed her attention: “What are you looking at?”