Chapter 159 - 160

Chapter 159

A

n hour later, Xi Ze slowly walked out of the building.

Two hours later, the Sun issued an apology letter on their official website and said they would apologize to Ming Yu on the front page of the next day’s newspaper.

In this letter of apology, the Sun stated that they didn’t find out the facts this time and made a judgment that violated the basic principles of a journalist. At they same time, they fired the people responsible for these reports.

On the surface, this incident seemed to be caused by Xi Ze’s private talks with the head of the US branch of New Corporation, the group behind the Sun. But in fact, before entering the building, chief editor Song Chuci of Muse has contacted public opinion circles in Huaxia and placed pressure on News Corps.

Huaxia media hadn’t disputed with Western media for a long time. Now that this peace was temporarily broken, it was subject to cross-border punishment.

After the Sun, many small newspapers that supported the Sun also issued an apology statement.

This time, apart from Mudley pretending to be dead, everything seemed to have been solved. Mudley’s company shamelessly said that she was ‘unwell’ and the Huaxia netizens gradually subsided, not thinking too much about it.

But as the Sun and other newspapers apologized, a video appeared on major video sites around the world. It soon got millions of forwards and got many hits!

In the video, a beautiful woman was looking gracefully at the camera and spoke words of apology with no sincerity. Like it was mentioned before, Mudley’s acting skills were decent. That’s how she could compete against the talented people of Hollywood with her arrogant personality.

Thus, everyone saw Mudley’s proud appearance in the video and became furious. Even her loyal and brainless fans were angry. Mudley didn’t show the slightest bit of remorse. What was this apology letter?

What did she mean by ‘I spoke accidentally. For a moment, I forgot what happened that night. I didn’t expect the Sun to be so serious. It really had nothing to do with me. I’m sorry, I will pay attention to my words and deeds. I won’t be caught by a villain and I’m really sorry to Ming Yu’…

What the hell was she talking about?

Why did she seem like an arrogant person blaming others when she was apologizing?!!!

Didn’t she have any shame?

The rage of the fans skyrocketed. This video was recorded by Ding Bo but he really didn’t expect Mudley to pass it all at once, without the slightest mistake.

This made Ding Bo think as he ordered his people to pack up the cameras. Then he smiled and said, “Mudley, in fact, aren’t your thoughts exactly the same as this apology?”

Mudley’s expression changed the moment she heard these words. She covered it up quickly but she couldn’t hide from Ding Bo’s eyes.

Mudley’s eyes were very red and sorrowful as she cried out, “Sir, I really know what I did wrong. It won’t happen again. Can you let me leave now…?”

Mudley wasn’t stupid enough to admit to Ding Bo’s words but her appearance didn’t make Ding Bo feel any sympathy. Thus, the day that the apology video came out, Mudley’s agent no longer restricted her freedom. The moment she left, Mudley first called little Allen.

Mudley thought that she had a good relationship with Allen. Allen was the grandson of her company’s boss and would definitely help her through this difficult time. She really accompanied little Allen to a few parties and knew some big people. She certainly wouldn’t be abandoned.