Chapter 241 - 242

Chapter 241

“The world of difference between heaven and earth.”

These words were too heavy. Song Chuci staggered a step.

Song Chuci’s body quivered slightly, his pupils trembling as he stood in shock. He looked at the boy in front of him with anxious eyes, as if he couldn’t believe the hurtful words that came from the other person’s mouth at all.

Song Chuci is a person with a strong desire to control. In front of him, Luo Cheng’s actions will always be faintly at a disadvantage. But today, at this moment, the youth in front of him had completely pulled him down from the sky and stepped on the soles of his feet with one sentence.

Luo Cheng’s words pierced Song Chuci’s heart thoroughly — his biggest weakness, his nì lín that no one could touch.

The fashion industry is a luxurious and glamorous place. Here is the back garden of the upper class, one of the world’s top five magazines, there had never been an editor-in-chief born from such a low status.

Song Chuci was the first.

When he had just become the editor-in-chief of Muse, many people were talking secretly behind his back, poking his spine, despising him as someone with no background. Some even bluntly ridiculed his origin.

Over the years, Song Chuci used his abilities to shut these people up.

Afterward, no one dared to talk about Song Chuci’s rights and wrongs in front of him. If Xi Ze is the fashion godfather of the fashion industry, then besides Xi Ze, he is the unique powerhouse in China’s fashion circle.

Three years — Song Chuci has been in this position for three years now. He hadn’t heard any more kinds of irony and insult, but all those words couldn’t enter his heart. Only this time, what the youth had said was clearly much lighter than what the others had said, but it made him feel as if he had been cut open by a knife, thrown under the sky, nakedly enduring the scorching sun.

His face paled for an instant, but Song Chuci withheld the pain in his heart and asked calmly, “Who said something to you?”

Song Chuci was not stupid. Luo Cheng had obviously cried. Now that he ran to him saying such slanderous words shows that during the hours when he disappeared, someone was telling Luo Cheng about his past; letting him misunderstand Song Chuci.

But the response to Song Chuci’s question was an even colder look from Luo Cheng.

He gazed at Song Chuci with an indescribable look: partially disappointed, partially angry, and partially disgusted to the extreme. This repulsive look caused Song Chuci to feel like he was on pins and needles, his body stiff. He tried to tell himself that this was the person he liked, this person didn’t actually hate him.

However, Luo Cheng’s following words made Song Chuci’s self-comfort sound even more ridiculous.

“I know they want to split us apart, they want us to separate. But Song Chuci, I’m not stupid. I just didn’t want to fuss about it. Don’t take me as a fool. Those things that you did are real and truly happened. Just consider yourself for a second, how did you reach your current position in such a short period of time? Song Chuci, there are some things that can’t be hidden for a lifetime. I thought my love for you would let me ignore these things, but after I really discovering your disgusting and dirty acts, Song Chuci, I can only hate you…”