7 {your bookshelf}

And let's just dive straight into the quirky bits
-----
Why am I going to talk about your stupid bookshelf? Because you loved the old thing.

It's made of oak, and goes from ceiling to floor. It has so many books on it, oh my god.

The first book you ever put on it was...

"Merry Christmas, loser," Michael said, tossing his gift at you.

You giggle and shake your head. Once you tear through the wrapping paper, you let out a loud laugh at the present.

"A dictionary. Funny."

"Don't you think you need it more than Calum?" I ask Michael.

"Shut up Luke, why don't we see if your gift is any better hmm?"

Suddenly a wave of nervousness washes over me. My gift is something...more personal. Mostly because Calum is my crush, but also because he is my best friend.

"Okay...here." I spent a lot of time wrapping the gift perfectly.

You open it, and see the velvet box. Upon opening the box, you gasp in surprise at what's inside.

"It's a C note, since your name starts with C and music and-"

"I love it, Luke. It's beautiful."

"Really? You don't think necklaces are...stupid or something??"

"No. I'll keep it forever." And you give me a big hug.

"Jesus Christ, I'm surprised you didn't just buy him a ring and propose already," Michael joked.

And although that necklace I bought for you in 11th grade is not worn by you anymore, (more on the other necklace later), it resides inside the dictionary Michael got you.

And it was the first book you put on that shelf.

Over time, you've added all of John Green's superb books, The Hunger Games series, the entirety of Harry Potter, and so on.

But that dictionary will always be the most special, which is what you told me when we put that bookshelf up.
-----
I make all of these up as I go along bc I just wrote down 365 ideas for 365 memories and I just come up with a moment for each little thing and it flows so naturally like how the hell