92 {your earbuds}

tfw you're going to masturbate but then you come up with a great smut idea and you're going to write it and post it to ao3

it's the first ao3 one shot I will have written (zero grammar skills) since forever
-----
In high school, I don't think there was a time where you weren't wearing the damned things.

Your earbuds were always in, and it drove Michael insane when you weren't listening to him.

"Hey! Cal! Listen to me, dammit!" Michael yelled. You didn't respond.

"Oh my god, he's an unresponsive idiot. Okay, Hemmings. Bet game time."

I sigh, but nod, regardless.

"Your job is to get Hood to remove those earbuds from his ears."

"And what will I get in return?"

"I'll stop stealing your tutoring shit."

"It's tutoring supplies, Michael, not shit. But fine."

You're sitting next to Michael on the opposite side of the table, so I move to the chair in front of you.

Your eyes are focused on something. Something seemingly far away, and apparently highly interesting.

I flutter my eyelashes a bit, and gaze deep into your eyes. I rest my chin atop my arms, looking up at your beautiful face.

You look down, and in the middle of a big inhale, your breath catches. I bite my lip ring, suddenly realizing the intimacy of the situation.

You take out the earbuds. "What?"

"Hi, Calum," I giggle.

"Are you high?"

I frown. "No. I've never even done drugs. What makes you think that?"

You shake your head. "Uh, 's nothing. Sorry."

"Okay. I like your new jacket. Leather brings out your eyes."

"Thanks," You grin, said eyes sparkling.

Michael scoffs, breaking our little moment. "Of course it brings out his eyes, it's fucking brown?"

I glare at him. "You know nothing about fashion. I suggest you back off. When something brings out someone's eyes, it's always nice to compliment them on it."

He raises his hands up in defeat. "Hey, sorry mate. I was just trying to get you two to stop flirting with each other."

You punch Michael's arm, and I smirk. I had one the bet.

And we weren't flirting.

We were flirting for sure.

Even back then, my distractingly good looks made you stop whatever you were doing.

Really, how did I not pick up on any of your feelings earlier?

Teenagers are simply too oblivious.
-----
Lucas stfu you oblivious af in this story