39 {your band's music}

iM PISSED BC THE MAYPAC FIGHT but hey I took a gREAT SELFIE TONIGHT CHECK OUT THAT CUTIE
-----
Your band is called 5 Seconds of Summer.

Michael named it this spontaneously, of course, without consulting you at all.

Your band seems to have stuck to this pop punk route (although it's slightly more pop than punk, no offense).

And most of the songs you've written, Cal? They're about me. I was there when you wrote one of them.

"Songwriting is so difficult," You groan, flopping onto our bed.

I giggle. "Darling, you've written plenty of great songs. You can do this.

"I know, but it's harder than it looks."

"I know it is, baby. What do you got so far?"

"Just this one lyric."

"Tell me," I whine.

"It's 'you should leave him, cause it really makes me sick'."

"Wow, hope you're not planning on leaving me for another dude, Cal," I say, trying to joke about but it just comes out cold.

"Lukey, I love you too much for that, you know this. It's based off of one of Michael's rants to me the other day. He's jealous of some girl who Ashton keeps buzzing on about."

"HA! I KNEW MASHTON WOULD HAPPEN!"

"Haha, yeah, it's real. She's like a model, or something. Anyways, Mikey has a bad feeling about her. I changed it to a guy perspective being jealous of a girl's boyfriend so Ash wouldn't suspect a thing."

"Smart. How about...he's a total dick?" I suggest jokingly.

You laugh loudly. "Incredible, but no. I was thinking 'you've got a boyfriend, and he's such a loser'."

"That doesn't feel right...what about total? My English teacher always told me bold statements are-"

"Luke, babe, songs aren't the same as essays. So, 'you've got a boyfriend, and he's a total loser'?"

"Yes, I think you should start off with that." I pause for a few minutes while you tap out beats with your pencil. "Do you think I'm a total loser, Calum?"

You frown. "Luke, I love you. You're far from being a loser, trust me. You're beautiful and amazing as fuck, I don't even have to be your boyfriend to know that."

I smile warmly. "Thank you. Just feeling kind of insecure."

"Not every song is about you, Luke, although most of them are. But don't think I would ever write something awful about you, princess."

"Okay. What if we broke up?"

"Fine, how about I never write anything bad about you, ever? Even if we somehow broke up."

"Deal. I love you, Calum."

"You know I love you too."

Just Saying is such a kickass song, honestly.

It started from...tHE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE. Okay, sorry, but Drake slays.

Sometimes I get insecure when listening to your band's music, like somehow every line is about me.

I search for double meanings in the lyrics all time, trying to think of times where it would've applied to me.

But then I remember that you love me so much, and everything gets better.

The pamphlet showing who wrote which songs is also a major reassurance, too.
-----
This is sort of all over the place whoops