72 {trains in the distance}

I'm so pumped for the On My Way documentary okay bye I'm in love with Pentatonix
-----
This is a moment I can only recall at a certain time.

I'll set the stage for you. Dark, probably in the middle of the night. The clock...

The light of the clock is the first thing that meets my eyes. It blinks. 2:30.

"Luke?" You whisper, breaking the still air.

"Cal? Why are you up?"

"I could ask you the same."

"I don't know, it just...happened?"

"Ah. It's raining, by the way." A hear the light downpour pelting against the glass.

"Good. Nice noises to sleep to."

I'm about to drift off again, head on your chest, but then you whisper a 'wait'.

"Did you hear that?"

The soft sound of a train racing away in the distance. The noise mixes with the rain, creating a sleepy atmosphere.

"Luke, will you sing?"

"What?"

"You're a great singer. You play guitar."

"I know, bu-"

"Come on, babe. You've got a beautiful voice. It's just me! Not a concert venue."

"Alright, but only for you, ever. I'm too shy to be your new lead singer." I stand, and grab the small ukulele in the corner, the one next to your bass.

I sit down at the end of the bed. I strum the instrument lightly, before remembering one of my favorite songs on my 'Him' Spotify playlist.

"Don't you worry there, my honey, we might not have any money, but we've got our love to pay the bills," I sing softly.

"Louder, Luke! I love your voice so much. Come on!"

I blush a little. "Maybe I think you're cute and funny, maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you, if you know what I mean."

Your whole face lights up, even in the dim clock's glow, I know you're grinning. You're always happy when I share my secret talent with you.

"Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France. Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance. Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants, from way up there, you and I, you and I."

I hesitate for a moment, thinking you won't make me continue the song. But then you move and sit next to me, and rest your head on my empty lap.

"Well, you might be a bit confused, and you might be a little bit bruised, but baby how we spoon like no one else. So I will help you read those books, if you will soothe my worried looks, and we will put the lonesome on the shelf," You sing, gazing up at me.

"Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France. Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance." At this, you nuzzle your face into my sweatshirt, making me giggle.

"Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants, from way up there, you and I, you and I," I finish the chorus myself, and you join in on the final one.

"Oh let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France. Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance. Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants, from way up there, you and I, you and I."

I put the ukulele down on the floor, and you tackle me onto the mattress, peppering my face with kisses.

"I love you," You whisper, before collapsing back onto your side of the bed. I slide up, and wrap my arms around you.

"I love you too."

"One day we'll do all those things. You and I, Lukey. Forever," You whisper into the dark, playing with my hands.

"One day," I murmur back.

I feel you kiss the knuckle of my ring finger, just as I doze off, nestled against you.

I've always been too shy to sing in front of anyone.

But you, Calum. Something about you makes me want to sing to the world, without a care in the world.

I want to sing about how much I love you, how much you deserve, everything I want for our future.

Even though I could never do that, the feeling does come to me at times.

Then again, love makes us feel so much.
-----
LUKE IS A #SECRETSINGER

anyways after that Connor Franta reference...can I get a what up for UKULELES