47 {your bench}

FINISHED BOOK REPORT BULLSHIT HOLLA AT YA GIRL
-----
More like you bitch, am I right?! No? Alright.

Anyways, all I'm gonna say is that this one's a good one.

I wake up on Saturday morning, expecting to find you lying next to me, looking cute while you doze off.

However, there is no such sight.

"Calll," I whine, shuffling downstairs into the kitchen, but no smell of breakfast hits me.

"Calum?" I ask, getting a bit more frantic. "Cal?"

I search around the house. There's no sign of you, no note or anything. I throw on some clothes and see that your car is still in the driveway.

"Calum?!" I call once outside. No answer. I get into your car, and start driving around town.

I call you. Voicemail answers. I text you. My message is not read.

I drive my Mikey's hoping that you're there. He sends me off with a frown and telling me that he'll call if he or Ash see something.

I drive throughout the town, visiting every possible place I could think of. Nothing. I'm about to go home and file a missing persons report, when I see you.

You're sprawled on a park bench, looking lifeless. I park the car, hop out of it, and sprint towards you.

"Cal?! Calum?? Babe, wake up!" You don't react.

Just as I'm about to check your pulse, and maybe face facts that you're dead, you spring to life.

"G'morning lovely!" You chirp, and I nearly shit myself.

"WHAT THE FUCK CALUM?!?!" I exclaim from fear.

"Hey, hey babe, calm down. It was a joke."

"Why would you scare someone like that for a goddamm joke?!" I'm enraged now, fed up with you.

"Lukey, honey. Look at me." I don't look at you, and you sigh.

"Look, I know we haven't been on a date in awhile because of all my studio work, but I wanted to make things a little different. I made us a picnic basket," You set the basket on your lap.

"I didn't want it to be a normal, boring date. You like thrill, I know you. So I wanted to give you a little chase for your reward. I'm sorry for being a douche, and making you angry. You don't have to go on a date with me, Lukey. If you don't want to."

I wrap my arms around you, and kiss your neck softly. "I love you. I wanna go with you, or else some crazed fangirl will take my place."

"Don't be silly, no one could ever replace someone as breathtaking as you."

I nuzzle my face into your neck. "Okay, picnic date. Just don't pretend to be dead again, or I'll kill you."

You laugh, grabbing my hand and clutching it. "I won't."

"I hope we don't get sprinkler-ed on, like in High School Musical 2," I joke.

You gasp mockingly. "How'd you know that was up next?!"

We laugh and you squeeze my hand harder.

I visit that bench sometimes, sit there, grade papers. Only on pleasant days.

I feel as if it's your bench, like you claimed it as your own. And while your prank was a stupid idea, the aftermath was so much sweeter.

Hopefully after this painful year of being constantly alone, our aftermath will be sweeter than this.
-----
this one doesn't really make sense but I thought it would be cute at the time