17 {your car}

1K READS YOOOO THANKS SM?? LIKE BC THIS BOOK IS DUMB LIL SHORT THINGS
-----
Now, I am no car expert.

I don't know brands or models or any shit like that. But, this is what I know about your car.

It smells like lemons because of the air freshener I bought you from Bath and Body Works. The leather is black and I can't figure out how to work the air conditioning. You have a photo of you and I in the sun visor, taken one Christmas.

And it's not just a car for us. It's our adventure holder. It's a memory maker.

Another new year of school. Fuck.

There's never anything good about the first day back, honestly. But this time was different.

"Bye Mum!" I yell, grabbing my backpack and rushing to the front door.

"Bye Luke, have fun!" Yeah. Like anyone can have fun at school. The only person who made school fun was-

"Oi, Princess!" I smile at your words. You're the only person who could get my heart to flutter at the princess nickname.

"Oi, C-Dizzle!" I shout back, shutting the door behind me.

"Hop in the car, Lukey. We're skipping the first day of school." (DO NOT SKIP SCHOOL EVER OR YOUR PARENTS WILL STAB YOU TBH)

"The first day and we're already skipping? Damn, okay. Michael's a genius."

"Who said anything about Michael?"

"It's just us?"

"Just us, Lucas. Ha, I rhymed!"

I smile to myself. Just us.

"Okay, where are you taking me, Peter Pan?" I say, getting into the passenger seat.

"Wherever you wanna go, Wendy," You return.

"Let's go to that big, fancy playground at that new park."

"Why?" You ask, eyebrows furrowed.

I shrug. "It's our senior year this year. I say we kick it off by going back to feeling like a kid."

You grin over at me, throwing the car into drive. "You are something else, Luke Hemmings. I like it."

And that same senior year was the best year of school I ever had. All thanks to you, Cal.

We still use that old car of yours, and sometimes on my commute to work, I drive past that big playground.

And I always use my hot coffee to burn my tongue when I drive by it, because missing you is too painful. The coffee's burn relieves me of it.
-----
Ew bad ending but sad ending am I right

Jk it's just bad