81 {bet on it}

is that a HSM 2 reference? yes.
-----
This one is more about Michael and I than you and I.

But it was a vital turning point in my friendship with Mikey.

"You have a crush," Michael accuses, seemingly appearing out of thin air.

"Oh god! You scared me, fucker."

"Luke. You clearly have a crush on someone, tell me who."

"Michael, I-"

"The dreamy far off look, the little hearts on your binders, the L + C's that keep reappearing everywhere. The signs are evident. Who is it?"

"I can't tell you."

"Fine. How's this? We're gonna play a bit of a question game. Limit is 10 questions. If I can guess who you're fawning over in less than 10, I'll...buy you one of those white chocolate raspberry cheesecakes you always talk about."

"Okay, why not. But they have to be from-"

"The bakery one neighborhood over. I know. Now let's get down to business."

"Fine. 10 questions, go Michael."

"Alright, are they in our classes?"

"Yes."

"Is it Claire?"

"No."

"Catherine?"

"No."

"Callie?"

I shake my head.

"Those are the only girls with 'C' names though, so ho-oh. Oh."

"Um...yeah."

"This is your way of telling your best friends you're gay?"

"I've been out since freshman year, but I didn't want you guys to...yeah."

"Luke, you know I'll support you 100%. And Calum will too, once y-wait." Michael mentally went through their male classmates. "Oh my god."

I gulp. Did he figure it out?

"Luke, it's Calum, isn't it?"

I feel tears spring to my eyes, wanting to curl into a ball and die. I nod slowly.

"Oh my god," He murmurs.

"What's wrong Mikey? Look like you've seen a ghost," You chuckle. I let out a small sob, and turn to walk the other way.

"I'll catch up with you later, Cal. Um, Luke and I need to talk."

"Okay. And Michael?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't you dare hurt him," I hear you plead, before leaving.

Michael runs over and puts a hand on my shoulder. "You okay?"

"Not really. It's so hard to have a crush on someone you can't have."

"Yeah. Wanna go get that cheesecake now?" Mikey dangles his keys. "You are in desperate need of some."

The cheesecake soothed me for a while, but I still cried later that night.

I was so scared of you not feeling the same way, I psyched myself out.

But if 16 year old Luke knew we'd end up in a relationship of 6 years? He wouldn't have believed it.

Hell, I still don't believe it, but I'm so glad that it happened to me.
-----
I like this chapter bc I feel like Mikey is v underrated as a friend most of the time but he really is loyal and dependable and I LOVE HIM