59 {your secret Southern-ness}

I've been gone for 3 days, but WITH GOOD REASON. (ik the Tay pic is low q but she's so cute and she was so outrageously talented live)
-----
You called me today, telling me all about how you finally have visited the South.

I mean, we technically live in the South of the world, considering we're Aussies.

But you've always had this thing for the Southern part of America.

"Evening, babe," You say, kissing my cheek.

"You look nice. I thought this wasn't going to be a dressy date," I pout, looking down at my flannel and ripped skinny jeans.

"It's not that dressy. And anyways, you look stunning in everything, Lukey."

I blush, holding up the menu so it covered my face.

"Stop," You whine. "Don't hide my pretty baby."

I stick my tongue out at you, but put the menu down on the table, flipping through it.

"How was class today?"

"Fine. My 3rd hour is always terrible though, God I hate them."

You chuckle, just as the waitress comes up.

"Good evening, my name is Maya, and I'll be your waitress this evening." (I'm borrowing you Maya bc I'm uncreative)

Her hair is pulled up into a bun, and she looks quite frazzled. Perhaps overworked.

"What would you like to drink?"

"I'll just take a water, thanks," I say, smiling politely.

"Do you guys have iced tea?"

She nods, jots it down, and speeds away.

"Iced tea?" I ask.

"Yes. Mikey told me about this sweet tea he had when he went to Texas for a writing session, and it sounded incredible."

"Of course," I roll my eyes.

"I figure if I add some sugar packets to it, I can recreate the same thing."

"Here you guys go, I'll be back to take your orders."

You shake in some sugar into a light brown concoction, before stirring and taking a sip.

"Ah, this is so brilliant!"

"Glad you enjoy it, cowboy."

"Shut up, liking sweet tea does not mean I'm southern. Or a cowboy."

"I'd say you're well on your way."

"Here try some. You'll like it."

"Kind of on a diet, Cal. No sugar here."

You frown, forehead creasing. "Nonsense. One sip won't do much."

I sigh, and take the drink. "Oh god, that's sugary," I cough.

You dash over to my side of the booth and pat my back. "I'm so sorry, babe, I didn-"

"It's fine, Calum, I'm fine." You sulk back over to your previous seat.

"Sorry for upsetting you."

"You didn't upset me, I just had a long day. Diets make me cranky, too."

You chuckle. "Why are you on a diet anyways?"

"I just want to feel a little more confident about myself, that's all."

"Oh Lukey, you should be confident. You are so beautiful, so spectacular. I can't truly describe how wonderful you look everyday. It makes my heart swell with love."

I look down at my menu, and smile. "I love you."

"Don't ever forget that I love you," You say, grinning, before picking out what you want to eat.

"I'm getting steak, do you want some of the mashed potatoes?" You ask.

"Yes please. You can have some of my mac and cheese. It's that really cheesy kind you like, I think."

"Good. I love you," You grab my hand and give it a squeeze.

"I know you do."

Amazingly enough, I found a jug of sweet tea at the store today.

And you're right, it does taste super good.

But not as good as the taste of your lips, just saying.
-----
I want waffles someone make me some