78 {I wanna be alone with you}

((title is slightly irrelevant))

SHOULD I WRITE MY NEXT ALBUM BOOK FOR BADLANDS WHEN IT RELEASES OR WRITE FOUR /AND/ BADLANDS AT THE SAME TIME
-----
I remember when we were in high school so clearly.

Specifically, I remember the 'lone wolf' tendency, as Michael phrased.

"Calummmm," Michael whined.

You grunted, and walked in a different direction.

"Great. Someone has lone wolf syndrome today," He groaned.

"What?"

"Oh, you didn't know, Luke? Calum does this thing where he likes being alone and hates people."

"And you're calling that the lone wolf syndrome?"

"Yep. Came up with it myself. Genius, am I right?"

I roll my eyes. "Sure. A real Honors student, you are."

"Okay Queen Sass, just for that, how about a bet?

(This is the bet game. Story on this later.)

"A bet?"

"A bet. If you can get Calum to talk to you during his lone wolf mood, I'll get my mum to make you those cookies you adore."

"Deal, always up for Clifford cookies."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, go tame the wolf!"

I roll my eyes once again, and make my way over to the bench you're sitting on.

"Calum?" You ignore me.

"C'mon, Cal, no one really likes being alone. It sucks. It's awful. Is there something wrong?"

You turn your head to look at me. "How come no one else noticed but you?"

"So there is something up? You can tell me. It's okay."

"Yeah, but I don't feel comfortable telling anyone just yet. I'm kind of...figuring some stuff out."

"Okay, that's fine. Do you need anything though? Like you don't have to tell me, but do you need a hug or someth-"

You reach over and hug me. "Yes," You exhale.

I feel my heart swell, and-no. I promised to myself I wouldn't let these feelings get in the way of our friendship.

"Thank you, Luke. Thanks for noticing. You're a good friend." You release me from our hug.

"It's no problem," I grin, before leaving to go over to Michael.

"You did it," He exclaims as I come into view. "You fucking did it!"

"Tell your mum to make the cookies white macadamia nut, yeah?"

"That's like the girliest cookie, dude."

"Since when did cookies have gender?"

"Fair point, fair point. I'll get the cookies, chill out."

And damn, those were some good cookies.

The thing you were uncomfortable about? You realized you might be gay.

We all know how that one ends, eh?

But now, years later, I want a hug from you like that, right now.
-----
I'm trying to compensate for lost time/hurry up and get some shit done so I won't be SO behind when I leave for Canada