118 {home for the holidays}

1. I finished 1989 if you missed that I'M SO HAPPY I FINISHED IT

2. I put my personal (it's private btw) instagram username in my bio so if you wanna see photos of me/my friends/sky pics go do that thing (psa: majority of the people that follow me are people I know irl !! you may NOT swear in any of the comments! some of my friends' parents follow me and even my own school's ig does! be cautious.)
------
Christmas has always been our favorite holiday to spend together.

Even if it's hot in Aus, we make the most out of it. We make sandmen instead of snow, drink hot chocolate even if it feels hellish outside, make out under the mistletoe Michael always hangs at his Christmas parties...

It's always the most thrilling part of the year.

And, unfortunately, I highly doubt you'll be home for Christmas, so I'm trying to remember my favorite Christmas memories with you instead of being sad.

"What do you want for Christmas babe?" You ask, sitting at the dining table with a notepad in front of you.

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOUUUU, YOUUUU BABY-"

"Oh my god, shut up," You groan. "Seriously Luke, I've got no clue what you want."

I think for a moment, setting the laundry basket on one of our wooden chairs. What DO I want?

"I've got an idea, but it's kind of impractical..." I trail off, feeling a tad sheepish for my request.

"You can ask for anything you want, Lukey. You know I'd try to get it for you."

"Well, you know how Ashton keeps saying that the band should move to L.A., so you guys would be able to record easily and meet up with producers and writers?"

"Yeah?"

"What if we got a bigger place in L.A.?"

The question hangs in the air momentarily, and suddenly I feel hotter than the humid summer air.

"Never mind, it was a dumb reques-"

"It's not dumb, I just don't know if we have time to do all of that before Christmas."

"Is that a maybe?" I squeak.

"I'll have talk to the band about it, but I'm sure they won't disagree."

I hug you tightly, kissing your cheek. "You're the best, Cal."

"No, you are. Why do you want a bigger place?"

"This place is fine, of course, but...I wanna start from scratch. I want to choose all the paint swatches with you, and maybe...maybe have a couple of extra rooms for future kids."

You kiss me passionately, hand around the nape of my neck. "I love you. I would love to have a huge house with you, and our future kids."

"Love you too. So what do you want for Christmas, then?" I ask.

"I want you to have a merry Christmas," You smile, rubbing your nose against mine.

"You're such a dork," I giggle, heart pacing.

"Cut me some slack. I am head over heels for you, after all."

This all occurred before we found out that 'oh hey, 5 Seconds of Summer are getting a headline tour' and 'yes we have to leave after Christmas is over, we've got meetings and preparations and tour dates to figure out.'

Then there was just me, sitting on our couch, listening to Michael Buble's cover of 'I'll Be Home For Christmas' on repeat and sobbing.

Which is still me currently. Even if it's not that close to Christmas.

Anyways, we didn't get a chance to discuss L.A. again. Maybe you've forgotten about it.

Oh well, wasn't that important.
------
I just keep making this book more depressing lmao

obviously I was gonna do a Christmas chapter I wrote 31 Xmas one shots last year who do you think I am

a person who's overly obsessed with Christmas, that's who

I have no idea what to gift to you guys for christmas this year lmao I'll think of something to write I promise