123 {hold on tight to fragile hearts}

yes the title is a lyric from New Year's Day yes I'm ptx af yall know this

speaking of which would yall kill me if I made a 5sos x ptx crossover fic bc I hAVE SUCH A NEED FOR THIS U DON'T UNDERSTAND

also happy 2016! I hope u all have a gr8 year!!
-----
Ah New Year's.

Today may not be New Year's, but I'm reminiscing on last year's party we had at our house.

It wasn't all that fun.

"There's you guys!" I squeal, pointing at the TV.

You chuckle, tightening your grip around my waist. "Yeah Lukey, that's us." Your band had gone to L.A. a few weeks before break to record a performance for New Year's Rockin Eve.

I sing along to She Looks So Perfect, grin widening when TV you starts to sing. "You look so pretty."

"Someone's a little tipsy, aren't we?" You say in my ear. I can practically hear your smile.

"No 'm not!" I whine, pouting. "Michael, you need to back away from Cally!"

The red hair boy looks at me, smirking. On screen is you and Michael playing guitar to each other and smiling.

"Luke, we were just performing, that doesn't mean anything," You say, face red.

"He's mine," I huff, turning my body to the side, grabbing your head and pulling you into my chest.

"Oh don't I know it," Michael rolls his eyes. "I don't want him, no offense to either of you. I'd much rather have the-"

"I'm here with food, open up!" Ashton says outside the door. Michael blushes, but goes to answer the door.

In the meantime, you escape my grip on your head. "Luke, why'd you get jealous of me and Mikey?" You say in a soft voice. "You know I love you, princess. Plus, Michael likes someone."

I look down, suddenly embarrassed. I play with your fingers, loving the rough feel of your skin. "I...I don't know. 'M sorry, Cal."

"Do you think I don't love you?" You ask, lifting my chin so I'm looking into your eyes.

"I know you love me, I just...I'm scared that I'm not good enough sometimes."

"Luke..." You frown, clutching my hand. "You're perfect, baby. You're better than enough. I love you so, so much."

I smile. "Thank you, Calum. Love you too."

Soon enough, the countdown begins. I straddle your lap. "10!"

"I can't believe I'm not gonna see you for a year," You whisper in a sad tone.

I shut my eyes tightly, the words taking a blow to my heart. "Don't say that. Don't like it when you're sad."

"I don't like it when you're sad either," You say, stroking my cheek.

"Dammit, the countdown's started!" Michael yells. "Ash, c'mon, the lovebirds are gonna make out!"

"I'm coming, I can't miss a cake moment!"

"6 seconds," You breathe.

"Until the worst year of our lives," I sigh.

"Happy fucking new year," You laugh bitterly.

"2, 1! Happy new year!" Ashton and Michael cheer. I kiss you passionately, like it's the last time we'll be able to.

And it will be, until 365 days pass.

Fuck, I shouldn't have thought about it. Now I'm fucking sad.

I'm going to drown my sorrows with alcohol like it is New Year's, even if it's not.

I'll kiss the rim of bottles like it's your lips, because I can't seem to get the thought of kissing you out of my head.

I feel more alone than a single person on New Year's, and it's fucking pathetic.
-----
see I couldn't make it New Year's in this book bc it wouldn't fit with the time frame u get it

Calum's gone for 365 days so I mean realistically we're still in like the middle of the year

Also let's assume 5sos are working on the 2nd album at this point and get vvv little break time so Luke can't visit etc. okAY CAL IS GONE FOR THE WHOLE YEAR BC HE HAS TO OKAY

writing is not about logic alright

also what a gr8 cake start to 2016 praise