66 {parties?}

Hi sorry for not updating! I was totally going to, but if you live under a rock, The 1975 deactivated from the face of the earth and may or may not be breaking up. I'm still upset and FRAGILE.
-----
I've never really been a party guy.

I mean, I'll go to them, but I'm awkward and dislike them.

But specifically, I'm looking back at Senior prom.

Or the parts leading up to prom.

I had just sat down in our math class, along with some other students. We were all waiting for the tardy bell to finally ring, so then we could get on with class.

The sooner we got done, sooner we could leave, right?

Our teacher walks in, and I realize that there are 3 people missing. Specifically, you, Ashton, and Michael. Of course.

"Where are Calum, Ashton, and Michael?" She asks, looking at their empty desks.

Everyone turns to look at me, knowing that we were all friends. I feel uncomfortable with the attention, and look down.

"Um, I d-"

"Wait!" You shout, out of breath and bursting through the classroom door. "I'm sorry we're late."

"Mr. Hood, what is going on here?"

"Luke, I've got a question for you, and it can't wait."

Ashton and Michael walk in, with cut out letters outlined with fairy lights, spelling out the word 'prom'.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, will you be my date?"

And for the second time today, all eyes are on me again. "Yes," I say, flashing a grin so wide it almost broke my face.

But to see the way your face lit up with a white, shiny grin, and your brown eyes flooded with warmth and happiness?

It was worth it.
-----
"I'm scared, Cal."

"Why?" We're cuddling on my bed, prom is a week away.

"What if people judge us because we're ga-"

"Stop Luke. I don't care what people say about us, okay? Sure, we may not be typical. But I don't want to leave prom with any regrets, especially not this," You say, lacing your hand with mine.

"Me either."

"So just, party your heart out. Make it a night to remember. Don't stress out. If anyone tries to cause any harm to us, I'll protect you. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you, Calum...and I have one more thing for us to discuss?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, you remember when you were talking about how 5sos got offered a tour deal?"

"Yes?"

"Well, I want you to take it."

"Really? You seemed pretty certain that you did not want us to open for that band."

"I was being selfish, okay? And I don't want to ruin your dreams because I'm being selfish, so...take it."

"Luke, we don't have to do it. It won't affe-"

"But more people will know about your band. How talented you three are. I need you to do it Calum, for yourself, for your band."

"I don't want you to be upset Luke."

"My heart may break, but that doesn't matter. Seeing you succeed heals those wounds."

"If you're sure that's what you want us to do?"

"I'm positive."

"It's only for a few weeks in the summer, Lukey. We'll be back in no time, I promise."

"Okay," I smile, and kiss you softly.

Prom did turn out to be great, mostly because you were there.

Slow dancing, looking into your beautiful eyes? No other feeling like it.

But I didn't want to talk about the partying. Cuddling with you on my bed, discussing that opening deal?

I realize now that I still need to be that supportive, no matter the pain.

I can't let my breaking heart get the best of me, I have to cheer you on.

I love to see you happy, now matter how much pain I'm in.
-----
Luke is evolving?¿?

JUST LIKE THE 1975 MAY OR MAY NOT BE DOING OKAY I'M NOT ALRIGHT I'M GONNA GO