34 {the ice cream shop}

CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND PRAY THAT THIS IS CUTE
-----
There are a lot of chain ice cream shops in town.

Maggie Moo's, Eskimo's, Pinkberry, etc.

But your favorite ice cream shop in the world was not a part of a chain. It was locally run, and the people there were friendlier.

"Alright, Lukey, this is a big day!" You cheer, bouncing on the balls of your feet.

I laugh as you tug on my hand. "Why? You've been keeping this date a secret all day, tell me!"

You smile proudly. "This is my favorite ice cream shop on the face of the planet," You say, pulling me towards the front door.

I glance up at the lavender, glowing sign. "The Constellation Cone?"

"Isn't it just the quirkiest name?" There's a joyful gleam in your eye, and your whole face is lit up. And not just because of the lilac, neon lights.

"Yeah. I like it." And your face lights up all the more.

We enter the shop, and the tables are all a deep purple shade. The walls are swirls of blue and purples, stars mixing in here and there. The wooden floor is a pastel blue, and the countertops are a pale purple.

"Mikey's galaxy hair looked EXACTLY like this."

"Right?!? God, he needs to dye it like that again," You respond.

"So, ice cream?" I nod towards the different flavors of cold creaminess.

"I'll pay," You say, pulling out your wallet. I open my mouth, but you simply kiss it, and walk forward to the girl working behind the counter.

"Hi, how are you?" The blonde asks.

"Good, thanks! I'll take a Saturn Swirl in a waffle cone, please," You recite, practically.

"Luke, what would you like?" You ask, staring at me intensely.

My eyes wander over the flavors until I find a caramel, chocolate one. "I'll take a Milky Way, in a waffle cone as well."

She gives us the ice cream, and you pay. The blonde grins, and thanks us kindly.

We sit at one of the purple tables, sitting in dark blue, plastic chairs.

"Oh. My. God." I say, after taking a tentative lick to my ice cream.

"You love it?!" You ask, the glimmer of hope in your eyes brightening.

"I ADORE this place!" I exclaim. "Thanks for bringing me, babe."

"'S no problem. I love taking you out for an adventure."

You lean over to kiss me, but lick my ice cream instead, at the last second. I laugh, and you kiss me for real then, and it's long and hard.

"What was that for?" I ask, slightly dazed.

"I love you, I love you so much my heart hurts."

"I love you too, Cal."

I may or may not visit that ice cream shop a lot. Or take home tubs of their ice cream. No, never! Psh...

And maybe the workers behind the counter have gotten accustomed to the young blonde man coming in and crying over his order of Saturn Swirl ice cream.

Maybe they've grown accustomed to the teacher who runs in the shop during his lunch break to pick up a tub of ice cream for himself, and maybe a few of his favorite students.

Maybe they've grown accustomed to the guy who sometimes accidentally buys two ice cream cones instead of one, forgetting no one has tagged along with him.

But you'll never know.
-----
so...it didn't turn out cute...sorry??