43 {your drunk voice}

Fruity drinks look so tempting but I ain't 21
------
You called me, last night.

It was 3 am, I was lying in bed, not wanting to look at the lit up screen telling me that you'd just tweeted about something.

And then, I was getting a call.

"Hello?" I ask, confused.

"Lukeyyy, babe!" You slur.

"Calum," I sigh. "Baby, you're drunk. Get someone to take you home."

"But I wanna go home and see you!" I can almost hear your pout. My heart flutters in my chest.

"Oh, Cally." I frown. "I wish you could come home too," I say quietly, fiddling with the bed sheets.

You sound like you're about to cry, as you say, "This is so fucked up."

"I know it is, love."

"Hey, love! That's what I called to tellll youu! I love you, Luke!"

I chuckle. "Love you too, babe."

"Ashton says I need to call you morrrree often, and I wannt to, but management says I neeedd to focus on the touurrr."

"It's alright, Cal. I understand."

"But Lukey, I don'ttt! I just wanna talk to you everydayy. I wanna tell you I loveee you and that I alwaysss think about ya. You aren't alonee!"

I smile fondly at the slurred words. "Thank you Calum. I love you too, okay?"

"Okay. Ashhh said he's talking me homeee."

"Alright, tell him I said hello! I love you so much, sweetheart."

"Sweettart?! Like the candy???"

I laugh aloud, and my heart swells with love. "Yes baby, like the candy."

"Yum. Ashtttonn says there's a taxii for us. Bye bye, Lucas! I love you loooots!!"

"I love you more. Bye, Cal."

When I hung up, I could feel my heart banging inside me.

Drunk you is so cute, God.

But what you said about management makes me wonder if they're keeping me away from you on purpose. Am I not good enough for a superstar like you?

I hope I am, because you are my one and only star.
-----
foreshadowing oooo