20 {your desk}

I NEED TO WRITE WILDEST DREAMS SO BAD BUT I JUST HDJFJJ
-----
Your desk is literally filled to the brim, Calum.

Okay, it's mostly your songwriting shit. But there are times where I find a few poems among the many sheets of paper, and doodles of me, actually.

You seem to have a thing for my blue eyes, as that's 99% of what you draw in the margins of blank lined sheets.

I hop onto the black, wooden desk of yours. "Hi," I say, smiling down at you, sitting in the chair bent over a binder.

"Hi? Who let you in?"

"Your mum, since she loves me," I smirk, taking a bite out of the apple your mum handed to me.

You roll your eyes. "Yeah, sure."

"What are you writing?"

"H-homework," You stutter, and I know you're lying.

"Cal, we're in the same classes. You don't have homework, for once."

"Okay. Okay, I'm not doing homework. But you...you can't ask me about what I'm working on."

I shoot you a questioning look. "Calum, you know you can tell me anything."

You sigh. "Fine. It's song lyrics."

"Are you serious?! Can I read them pleaseplease-"

"Luke, no! It's...it's not anything special."

"Calum, I won't tell anyone I-"

"When I'm done, okay?"

I pout, sitting crisscross on the desk. "Not even a sneak peak?" I reach my hand over to grab the piece of paper.

"No, not even a glance," You snap, slapping my hand away.

And I watch you slip into concentration again, looking beautiful as you bite your lip and ponder. Both of us are enjoying the peace, and just generally being near each other.

Funnily enough, that song you were writing became your band's first number one single.

Unfortunately, it went under some gender flip flopping, since you weren't exactly prepared to come out yet, Cal.

And She Looks So Perfect, a song based on a dream about me, rose to the top of the charts, and history was made.

And as I flashback to that moment of sitting on this same desk, I can't help but wish the boy writing that song was here next to me.

For now I'll just read unfinished song fragments, and try to find their meanings. For now, I'll just sit and blot ink with my tears. Sorry in advance.
-----
gee every end of every chapter has to be depressing god Jayden