68 {your sister's wedding}

I have the beginning to Tear in My Heart STUCK IN MY HEAD
-----
Mali-Koa got married...last year? No, two years ago?

I can't remember, damn. Maybe I've got too many memories of us stuck in my head.

I remember the actual wedding ceremony, but I only remember one part of the reception. This is that single part.

"She looks so beautiful. Happy, too," I say, sipping on my champagne.

"I know. Mali really loves him," You smile.

"Oh Calum, dear! It's your turn next, isn't it? Oh it will be so wonderful to see the man you marry!" One of your relatives exclaim. I want to guess it's one of your many aunts.

"Yes, I guess it is!" You say, and I can tell that you feel awkward. I grope for your hand, before finding it resting on your bouncing thigh.

I squeeze it, and give you a reassuring smile. You and your relative bid farewell shortly after.

"One of your aunts?"

"I assume. I don't remember her," You chuckle before trailing off, staring at nothing in particular, looking blank.

"Cal, what's wrong? You seem upset."

"Oh, 'm not upset. Just..."

"Just what?"

"I want this Luke. I want to be married and happy and grow old together. I want there to be a forever between us. I'm really happy with you, Luke, b-"

"You're going to break it off? At your sister's wedding?! I would've gotten the memo if you didn't bring me as your plus one!" I snap.

"Lukey, I'm not breaking up with you! That's not what I'm saying at all."

I sigh in relief, relaxing. "Thank god, I love you too much."

"I love you more than anything on this planet, Lucas. You know that. I'm just saying that I want it to be you that I marry."

"Are you-really? Really?!" I ask, excitement showing. I could care less in that moment.

"Yes. There's no one else I want besides you. You're my soulmate Luke, my one and only. I want to marry you. Only you."

"Okay. Okay!" I grin.

"Don't worry, that wasn't like my proposal or anything. I want that to be a surprise."

"God, your mission from day one has been to give me a heart attack, huh?"

"I'd revive you, because I love you," You kiss my knuckles.

And that's all I can remember before drinking way too many glasses of champagne.

I hope you still want to marry me though.

If I don't marry you, I think I'll regret it for the rest of my life. So here's a guaranteed 'yes' for you.

I just want you, so bad. So bad it hurts.
-----
I'm 'aww'ing hardcore rn tbh