135 {you're writing lines 'bout me}

I FUCKING HATE WATTPAD PUBLISH THE WHOLE CHAPTER DAMMIT

sometimes I regret making this 365 chapters long ugh

I should've worked on this more this summer I'm sorry you guys :-(
-----
You rarely show me anything you're writing about.

I don't really mind, as I'd hate to disturb your creative process, but when you do show me your work I'm always blown away.

The way your mind works amazes me. This is one of the times in which you amazed me.

My phone is ringing with the sound of your band. Yeah, your new single is my ringtone. It's probably lame for me to be such a goner for your voice in that song, but who cares?

I check the number, and it's yours. Instantly, I answer.

"Cal? What's up?" I ask, playing with the edge of my favorite blanket.

"Hi Lukey," You say, and your deep, sweet voice makes my heart beat faster.

"Hey Calum," I respond softly. "Why are you calling me when it's...what time is it where you are?"

"Uh, about three in the morning."

"Cal! Babe, you need to go to sleep. Hang up an-"

"Luke, I called you because I couldn't sleep, honey." Oh. Duh. "I wrote a poem about you," You continue. "It's a little silly, but do you want to hear it?"

"A-about me? That's sweet, Cal. Of course I want to hear it."

"Alright, I sent you a photo of it so you can read along. Sorry 'bout my messy handwriting," You apologize.

"It's alright." I click on the picture. "Go ahead."

You clear your throat and begin reading.

"The sun is in your smile, your laugh, your hair.
Like the moon, your complexion is fair.
Your eyes are as blue as Neptune, and they twinkle like stars.
You're hotter than Mercury and probably Mars.
You must have been produced by space, because baby, you're more beautiful than the whole human race.

And although, like Pluto, I feel far away,
My love for you is as endless as the universe everyday."

When you finish I cannot wipe the smile off my face. "Cal, that was incredible. You really wrote that for me?"

You chuckle. "Of course, baby. Who else would I write it for? I love you so much, Luke."

"I love you too." A sudden thought brings a frown to my face. "I really wish I could kiss you right now."

"Me too," You sigh. "It's really hard."

We're both silent for a moment. "Hey, you should probably get some sleep. Big day tomorrow?"

"Yeah, another show tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you, Lukey. Good nigh-or, morning. I love you."

"I love you too, get some rest." And I hang up.

That poem is still really meaningful to me. I love your words and the way you think.

And knowing that you think of me constantly like how I think of you is reassuring to me. Comforting, almost.

You can be a big, famous star and still remember that the person who loves you to most down here waiting for you.

I need that reminder sometimes.
-----
THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST DECENT CHAPTER I'VE WRITTEN IN A WHILE LMAO

I started high school on Thursday and it sucks !! I don't want people to ask me about the future and I don't want to be around people I hate all the time ugh

but I'm just trying to push through it :-) see you guys later!!