18 {your mum}

The Wombats' new album is gREAT AF
-----
I actually visited your mum today, Cal. We both miss you so much. She's so lovely, I'm glad she likes me.

If she didn't like me that'd be awful. Mums are important!

I remember when we first became a couple, and...

"Luke, welcome!" Your mother greeted.

"Hi, Mrs. Hood. Thank you for inviting me over for dinner! I brought you these," I say, holding a small bouquet of buttercups (reference to my Greek Tragedy fic holla) out to her.

"Aw, Luke, you are too kind. Please, come in!"

I walk in and my eyes automatically are drawn to you. You're wearing all black, and it's so hot on you.

"Wearing my flannel eh? It looks cute on you, babe."

I blush, fiddling with one of the buttons on the plaid top. "T-thanks."

You kiss my cheek, before whispering in my ear. "Don't be nervous, they already love you, Luke."

"I know, but now we're a couple. It's all...different."

You roll your eyes, smiling fondly. "Come on, doofus, let's eat."

We take our seats at the table, and I squirm slightly under the gazes of your father, mum, and sister. You squeeze my hand reassuringly.

"I'm so glad you two are finally dating," Joy says, smiling.

"We all are. You guys have been staring at each other for God knows how long," Mali-Koa said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh shut up, Mali," You say, chuckling.

"Calum's right, when was the last time you brought home someone as terrific as Luke, hmm?" Your dad jokes, and just like that, everything is so easy.

And when your mum and I sat down at that same dining table, both crying, we just hugged each other tightly.

We started crying a few minutes after catching up a bit. We miss you so badly, and it's really hard for us.

Your mum makes me feel like I'm not alone with these feelings. It's kind of pathetic, but I need her, and she needs me.

We need each other so we can stay strong, and that's why we've decided to start staying in touch more often.

Just in case either of us break down from missing you.
-----
More sad endings lmao whoops