77 {heat + hospitals}

1. I hope Mikey and Cal feel better like damn your face/arm getting burnt that shit painful (and also Calum like still stood there on stage cryin bc of his arm like you's a trooper)

2. Yeah okay I'm doing a chapter based off of it iM SORRY I'm already a bad person anyways and am 100% going to hell so bye
-----
I should be there.

I should be there, holding your hand, telling you it's okay. That Michael will be okay. That I love you with everything I've got to give.

But I'm here, crying, alone.

My phone rings. It's you.

"Cal? I thought you had a sho-"

"Lukey, something real bad has happened."

"Wha-"

"You know those sparkler things during our shows? Yeah, Michael burnt his face because of one of them. My arm got slightly burned as well."

"Oh my god," I murmur, shocked with the news.

"We're in the hospital now, and god, I'm so scared Luke." You sound choked up, tearful.

"Oh Calum, I should fucking be there. One of my best friends is injured and so is the person I love. Why am I not there?"

"Luke..."

"This is like a sign, right? I made the wrong choice. I should have come with you, I shouldn't have been so self-"

"Luke, baby, don't beat yourself up. It was an honest mistake having something so dangerous so close to us."

I then let out a sob. I didn't even realize I was crying. "Cal, I love you. I wish I was holding you right now, but I'm not, and it's just so wrong."

"Lukey, c'mon, you have a life too. Touring would have taken it away from you, and I don't want that. I love you so much, and I want you to be successful too."

"But I don't have a life! The thing that makes my life truly worth living is traveling around the globe and I-" I cry out again.

"Oh, Luke, I'm n-oh wait. Mikey's out, Luke! He's fine, oh he's okay."

I sigh in relief. "Good. Are you okay too?"

"Yeah, my burns weren't too serious. Now, Luke, you can't keep beating yourself up for wanting to stay in Aus. Traveling takes a lot out of a person, and I understand why you didn't come. I miss you so much, and I love you with my whole heart."

"I love you too, Cal. It's so hard being alone."

"I know it is baby, but I have to know that you're gonna be okay without me."

"I'll try, but it's just so difficult when you've been around for 6 years."

"It's awfully different, yeah. Just know that you are still loved, and always missed. Okay?"

"Okay. Tell Mike I hope he feels better, and all the love."

"I will."

"Same goes for you, Cal. Take it easy. Get management to fix that obvious hazard."

"Yeah yeah," You chuckle. "Always so cautious about us. Love you babe."

"Love you more," I say, before hanging up.

I didn't tell you the real reason I didn't go on tour with you, no.

But I can't shake the feeling that this burning is an evident sign.

Fate cannot be altered, I suppose.
-----
Honestly the whole Mikey/Cal situation really stresses me out and people are being real annoying

Can we just focus on hoping that Calum and Michael will be okay, and not the people that are making the situation worse?