76 {JUST A CITY BOY}

can I fill the 365 playlist with Pentatonix songs or do you guys not want to be blessed with glorious talent

(jk. there's like one PTX song on it tho. It's flawless. Duh.)
-----
Ah, the city. Bustling with life and pretty lights that look good when out of focus.

In fact, I remember the first time your band got to go to New York, and I got to join!

And oh, how you've always loved big cities.

"Oh god...look at all those people..." I comment, looking at the sidewalks crowded with people hurrying along.

"Isn't it great? The streets are just filled with so much life," You say, placing your hands on my hips, and kissing my shoulder.

"Mm, yeah. Great is not a word I would use to describe it," I mutter, putting my hands on yours.

"What? You don't like cities?"

"I like to look at photos of them on Tumblr, sure. But that's just...a lot of people. And there will most likely be paparazzi and fan-"

"It's okay, Luke. Body guards, remember? And we've got lots this time. You'll be safe."

"Okay," I sigh. "If you say so."

"I'll make sure of it."

I smile, and lean into your touch.

"Lover boys! Yo! We're going to get donuts," Ashton says perkily.

"Sounds good. Where's Mikey?"

"I promised him I'd bring some back for him."

"Aw, what a good boyfriend you are," I joke, patting Ash's cheek.

He giggles, and slaps my hand away. "Shut up, he doesn't like me at all."

"I knew Michael was oblivious to your feelings for him, but now you too?"

"Luke," You warn. I shrug.

"What? Didn't catch that, Luke."

"Nothing! Donuts, yeah?" I frantically say, before rushing out our hotel door.

[AWKWARD TRANSITION, FAST FORWARD TO CAKE + ASH ON THE SIDEWALKS OF THE CITY...NOW]

"I'm surprised there's not many paps," Ashton says sarcastically, just as we burst through a crowd of people.

"Paps?" I snort. "I'm pretty sure that's another term for breasts?"

"God, I wish there were more breasts," The curly haired man sighs.

"Hey! You like...you know who!" I exclaim, hitting his shoulder.

"Um, bi, remember? And it's never gonna happen anyways, might as well take a shot at moving on."

"Sorry, Ashie. Hold out hope," I attempt to comfort him, rubbing his shoulder.

"Eh. I'll never find anything real, like you and Calum."

"It's not all sunshine and butterflies," I mutter, leaning closer to Ashton's ear as you trail farther behind us. "I'm in love with him."

He shoots me a puzzled look.

"We haven't said 'I love you' to each other yet."

"For God's sake, Luke. Tell the boy."

"Ash. I ca-"

"You can. I know he'll feel the same."

"But-"

"Oh, and one last thing. Who picks you up when you fall?"

"What are y-"

Ashton and I get split apart in a crowd of people, but I can feel several pairs of hands jostling me over, like I'm a cardboard box.

I can feel myself falling, and my heart drops. I'm about to fall onto concrete, and the whole sidewalk will be covered with my brains and blood. Terrific vacation.

But then, the falling stops.

"Oh my god, I'm alive!" I cheer. I feel arms around my waist, and I stand up, turning around to face my hero.

"Lukey, are you okay? You almost got trampled."

And then I realize what Ashton meant. "Y-yeah, I'm alright. You saved me." I wrap my arms around your neck.

"Well, yeah. Am I supposed to let you hurt yourself?"

"No. Oh, wait! There's a good song reference that would go with this, um...oh!I think I'm falling, I HOPE YOU CATCH ME WHEN I LAAAAAND," I sing in the highest key I can hit.

"I THINK I'M IN LOVE AGAIN," We sing loudly, outside of that donut shop.

"In my head, yeah, you're in my head," I sing.

"I think..." You sing softly, brown eyes staring down into mine. "I'm in love..."

I rest my forehead to yours, and grab your hands. "Again..."

You close the gap between us, and kiss me softly.

"Guys, I got the don-oh. Sorry. I interrupted something, evidently," Ashton says awkwardly.

I grin at you, our noses still touching. "'S fine. Everything is fine."

"I think I'm in love with you, Luke Hemmings."

"I think I love you more than anything ever."

"I think I feel the same."

And that was the first time we told each other we loved each other.

This was during our 2nd year of dating each other. Yes, we took it slower than most.

We didn't really have an idea of what love was at the time, so we were just kind of figuring it out.

But I know that when I'm with you, that's what love is. And it feels extraordinary.
-----
Okay I have no idea if Luke and Calum have said ily to each other previous to this lil memory thing and idk if I wrote their 1st ilys yet okay

I stayed up til..what time is it rn..5:33 am. So.

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR 12 K READS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS LIFE