37 {the dandelion vase}

OKAY NOW YOU GUYS GET A DOUBLE UPDATE AFTER ME PROCRASTINATING ALL WEEK
-----
As soon as we moved into our place, which we still live in, I put a baby blue vase on our kitchen table.

We call it the dandelion vase because-well, you're about to know why.

"Babe?"

"Callie!" I cheer, racing into the kitchen to hug you. I wrap my arms around you and you kiss my lips.

I begin helping you with putting away our groceries, which we needed desperately. We always seem to wait until the very last morsel to restock our food.

"So, while I went shopping today, a lady stopped me and gave me free dandelions. I thought they'd look nice in the vase."

I smile at how they brighten up the room. "They're lovely, thanks Cal."

"I knew you'd like them. You're like...what's that song from that album with the purpley color..."

"You mean Flowerball from The Wombats' album Glitterbug?"

You snap your fingers. "That's the one!"

"Yeah, describes me perfectly," I scoff. "Do I make you shake even when you're warm, Calum?"

"Definitely. Have you never heard of sex?"

We laugh, before I make a suggestion. "We could do that activity I've never heard of after we put these groceries up...?"

"Mmm, yes please. Been craving your hot ass around me all day, God."

"You can have me when we're done here. Maybe in the kitchen, even."

"No, bed, please? Next time we'll do kitchen. Maybe in the morning, I like it in the morning."

"Yeah, while I make coffee and try not cum on the toast somehow."

"I'd eat your cum on toast."

"That's disgusting, Calum."

"Shh, I bought you flowers. I should do that more often," You contemplate aloud.

"Wow, are you only saying what every girl wants to hear?"

"No. You deserve a little something-hell, more than a little something. You work so hard Lukey, don't think it goes unnoticed."

"I think I might cry."

"Don't cry! I'm about to bang you," You pout.

"Okay, Hood. Groceries are done, fuck the tears out of me."

From that day onward, you did fulfill your internal promise.

Sunny dandelions filled that vase every week without fail.

But sadly, the last bouquet of dandelions you bought before leaving are shrivled, dead. They're grey, and decaying.

They sat there for a month, dying while I tried to water them daily with my salty tears.

It's slightly selfish not to care for them, but I felt as if those flowers were my last piece of you, and now that bit of you is dead.

I threw them away today. I don't like throwing you away.
-----
I wanted this to be more on the domestic side bc awWWW