9 {your side of the bed}

I can't remember if I updated yesterday or not someone refresh my memory so ik whether or not to double update
-----
As I said earlier, mornings are disappointing without you, Calum.

Especially the part where I reach out and find no warmth radiating off of you, or just you in general.

The first time I ever lied down on your side of the bed was the day you left.

I hop out of your car, feeling raindrops fall onto my skin.

It's sweltering out, but once you arrive in America, it will be freezing, since it is winter there.

At this thought, I feel like crying once again. So I do.

I walk into our house, sobbing. I'm so distraught that all I feel like doing is crawling back into bed and never leaving until you come back from tour.

I collapse onto my side of the bed, the right side, before getting the idea that maybe, just maybe, a trace of your warmth was left behind.

I roll over onto your side, and feel your heat. I wrap myself into the sheets and cry into your pillow, the faint scent of you left there.

I feel slightly out of place, but right now, your side of the bed is the only thing keeping me from losing my mind.

Since it's been about a month since you've left Cal, your heat and scent have obviously faded away.

It's kind of sad, because it reminds me...

You're gone.

Miles away from me. Somewhere across the globe. Gone.

And as I think these thoughts, I roll over to the left side of the bed for the second time ever, and cry, cuddling your pillow.
-----
WHEN LUKE'S IN PAIN I'M IN PAIN