55 {your beanie}

what do you guys even like about this fic bc idfk either and I'm the author
-----
I'm uncertain if I should call this your beanie, or our beanie.

See, I really, really like to steal all of your beanies.

It was an accident at first...

"Calum, my mum wants me home," I say, getting up and throwing on my flannel and skinny jeans.

"Noooo, stay in and we can cuddle," You whine, arms outstretched for me.

"And you guys say you're not dating!" Mali yells, walking by the open bedroom door.

"Shut up, idiot! Do you need me to drive you?"

"I'll walk," I say. I slip on my Converse, hoist my backpack onto my shoulder, and, in my haste, plop your beanie onto my head.

It was just a reflex I suppose, or maybe a sign from fate. Who knows?

I leave without a second thought about the object on my head, which, in fact, had a really cute fluffy ball on top of it.

I made it home eventually, and moments later I hear a knock.

It's you. "Nice beanie."

"Wha-oh. Sorry, Cal. Here you g-"

You put the beanie back onto my head, moving strands of my blonde quiff out of the way.

"You look cute in my stuff, damn."

I blush darkly, playing with the hem of my plaid flannel.

"So, how about that cuddle?" You grin.

Thank god you let me use that beanie, my hair wouldn't survive without it.

You left it here, you know? It's on my head now.

Maybe because you're forgetful, maybe.

Or maybe because you knew I couldn't survive without you, and even the tiniest pieces of you help.
-----
PAPERCUT IS A MASTERPIECE I LOVE TROYE SIVAN