85 {I STILL GET JEALOUS}

I'm so proud of the reactions I've gotten so far for the playlist omg

(If I didn't send you one it DOESN'T mean I don't like you. I love all of you. You all will hear it soon, but I just wanted a couple of you to get a taste of it beforehand to know if anyone will actually like it haha

And maybe I wanted to be Taylor Swift-ish.)
-----
You are the cutest thing when you're jealous. Seriously.

Pissed off to no end, you get, but when you get all protective and my heart can't control itself.

Oh! I remember one of those jealous moments.

I'm in the middle of a conversation with the barista, a boy whom was a friend of my ex boyfriend. That is, my ex boyfriend from freshmen year? Long time, no see, thank god.

And then, I hear you exhale sharply as he laughs at something I said.

I sneak one of my hands behind me, groping for your hand. When I finally grab it, I put one on my waist, and take the other and trace over your palm and fingers with my thumb.

"Alex, this is Calum, my boyfriend of four years," I smile as I say the words, resting my head against your shoulder.

"Nice to meet you. Luke has always been a great guy, and from what he tells me you're a wonderful boyfriend. Very happy for you guys," He grins, handing me my coffee.

"Thank you. It was nice to meet you as well," You chirp.

We leave the Starbucks, one of my hands now intertwined with yours. They're familiar, rough in some spots but soft in others. They feel like home.

"Saw that you got a bit jealous back there?" I question, arching an eyebrow.

"Maybe just a bit. Sorry, he was nice. I can't help myself, I guess," You frown.

"You don't have to apologize. It's cute. But you really must know that you are my one and only, Cal."

"Okay. I just love you, and I don't want anyone else to do that but me," You squeeze my hand.

"I love you too, and I don't want anyone else to do that but me."

"Then you'll have to love me for the rest of my life."

"Alright. Looks like marriage is set in stone then?"

"You'd better believe that," You grin.

Would you still get jealous if I called you on tour and said a guy tried to hit on me?

I want to believe it. I want to believe that you will always care for me, and want to be only mine.

But my brain tells me you don't anymore, and it hurts.

Even if I know you'd probably never do that, it pains me to dwell on it even for a moment.

If you didn't live me anymore, I don't know how I'd survive.
-----
There's some weird parallel thing going on here w Luke's thoughts and future events and I'm kind of living for it

Usually in fanfics one person is like happy bc the other person is jealous but I wanted to focus more on how Luke reassures Calum

OH MY GOD THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST LUKE BEING A HYPOCRITE AHH