14 {our first date}

Double update yo (football is soccer btw)
-----
Since I've mentioned it, I guess I should reminisce on our first date.

And it was by far the best date of all time, not gonna lie.

I sigh, checking my watch for the thousandth time, as I lean against the tree in the Hood's backyard.

"He's so late," I murmur to myself. It was almost my curfew for God's sake.

"LUKE OH MY GOD I FEEL AWFUL OH-"

You rush in, coming from football practice, all dressed nice in a flannel and black skinnies.

"It's okay, Cal! Your hotness makes up for it," I smirk.

You mirror my smirk. "No, I think we need to have make up sex instead."

I get all flustered, totally ruining my flirty, cool reputation.

Then again, this is me we're talking about. Calum knows I'm not cool already.

"Aw, you're blushing. C'mon let's go inside the treehouse."

I glance at my watch. "I've only got 15 minutes til curfew!"

"Then it's a good thing you live one neighborhood over," You grin from the top of the ladder, climbing inside your childhood treehouse.

I climb up after you, and I'm met with a nicer surprise than cobwebs and dust.

There are fairy lights strung on the ceiling, and two wine glasses filled with-

"They're grape juice, since I didn't have time to sneak alcohol."

I laugh, and take a sip from my glass. "This is lovely, Cal."

"It really is. Now we have to fast this date forward if we're gonna get you home in time."

I giggle as you take my hand, and we scramble out of the treehouse.

You pick a red tulip from your mother's garden, and tuck it behind my ear.

"Perfect," You whisper, making me shiver ever so slightly.

Then, you grab my hand and spin me around, dancing with me for a few seconds before pulling me down to the lawn with you, pulling my head into your chest.

"Sorry we had to skip dinner, football is a pain."

"It's okay, I've had fun on this-" I glance at my watch, "-five minute date."

You chuckle, before pulling me off the grass, and dragging me out the garden gate with you.

"Shall I escort you home, madame?"

"Am I married now?"

"Yes, to me," You grin cheekily. "I was kidding, you know I take French."

"Of course I know. Now, take me home, good sir," I say, faking a British accent.

We hook arms, and begin to skip down the sidewalk, laughing like madmen.

It ultimately takes seven minutes for us to reach my house, with us continually falling over and Calum being massively flirtatious.

"I had the best time with you," I say breathlessly.

"So did I." We both pause. "You don't believe in no kissing on the first date, I hope?"

"No," I reply, my stomach and heart fluttering at the thought of your plump lips on mine.

"Good," You smile, taking the tulip out from behind my ear, and leaning in closer and closer...

You press the tulip against my lips. "There, you've gotten a kiss from my tulips," You grin widely.

I feel frustration and disappointment all at once, making me want to almost cry. Had I done something wrong or-

You press your lips to mine, and the world stops. I can't even hear my mother opening the door and yelling half of my name out before pausing, noticing us at the bottom of the front porch steps.

I do not hear her 'aww', or my father jokingly saying 'finally', or my brothers cheering 'get some'.

All I hear is my heart beating loudly, stirring to life in it's rusted up cage. All I feel is the electricity between us, coming from your lips touching mine.

All I know is that you're the spark that has lit my heart ablaze.

And maybe it wasn't "proper" in Ashton's terms, and maybe it was clichely How I Met Your Mother like, but it meant the world to me.

You were the first person I ever truly fell in love with Calum, and that date made me truly believe that whatever we had, it was different, and truly magical.

Even if that date didn't happen until we were in Year 12, and it took us three years of pining after each other to get there.

It was worth every heartache.
-----
fUCK I'M SO CAKE AF