98 {sunny days}

so Paige and I were tweeting about smutty cake fanfics and @'ing both Calum and Mali

yeah never do that Mali BLOCKED US AND IT'S SO FUNNY SHE NOTICED US THOOO

oh and WATTPAD IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT
-----
You've always been very good at making each birthday better than the last for me.

But of course, I have a favorite.

I wake up, and feel something on my forehead.

It's a yellow Post It. 'Raining. Umbrella by the door! -Cal xx', it reads.

I get up and prepare for work. Or school, technically.

Once I reach the door to leave, I see the yellow umbrella by the door, and laugh to myself.

"How I Met Your Mother much?" I chuckle, before realizing how pathetic it is to talk to yourself, and laugh by yourself.

The car is gone when I step outside, so I walk to school. It's not very far anyways.

I get to school early, thus no students crowd the stairwell, thankfully.

My classroom's door is covered with yellow paper when I reach it, my favorite emoji drawn in the middle. It's, like, the cringey emoji. I don't know how to describe it.

I smile, shaking my head, and almost have a heart attack upon entering the room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HEMMINGS!" My students cheer. They're all in yellow shirts. Dear god.

Yellow balloons are tied to my desk with yellow string, and every pen, pencil, etc. on said desk? All yellow.

"Thanks you guys," I grin.

(LISTEN TO MY LOVE BY MAJID JORDAN FT DRAKE BC I TOLD YOU TO)

I arrive home, and Michael answers the door. A yellow stripe runs through his hair.

"He's in the back. Don't mention the hair please. You're welcome, Hemmings. Never say I haven't done anything for you."

I snort at that, making my way past family members and friends. They shout various 'happy birthday's at me, and I smile awkwardly in reply.

My umbrella is still in my hand, so I open it, and step out into the backyard.

You're sitting on a bench, a yellow poncho on, hood up.

"You look stupid," I laugh.

"Hey, a theme's a theme!" You approach me, laughing.

"I can't believe you got Mikey to dye part of his hair yellow."

"It took some concincing," You say, getting under the umbrella. "This is my umbrella."

"Nice HIMYM reference, but we don't share the same initials. Well, the H is all."

"Yeah, yeah. Oh, hey, I've got something for you." You place a yellow flower crown on my head. "For the birthday boy. My birthday boy."

I smile up at you. "Thank you Cal. For all of this."

"'S no problem. Happy birthday. I'm so glad you were born, because I wouldn't know how to live without you. I love you so much, Lukey."

I kiss you, gripping your dark wet hair tightly.

"I love you too." I grab your hand, tracing your knuckles with my thumb out of habit.

"C'mon, we gotta go socialize. On the brightside, there's a yellow cake in there."

I giggle. "Cake sounds VERY good to me."

You grin over at me. "Oh my god, you look so cute right now. My heart is failing. Revive me!" You joke, clutching your chest.

"Don't die on me yet, Cal," I laugh.

You kiss my cheek. "Wouldn't let you down on your birthday, I promise."

Even if it was raining that day, you made it feel like sunshine was radiating through me.

You're like my personal ray of sunshine between the dark clouds in my life, and that keeps my head from becoming a hurricane.

But if you ever cheated on me, somewhere around the world?

My sadness would be able to form tsunamis, and my tears would cause floods.

So please, don't.
-----
I was gonna use tornado but I didn't bc a TORNADO FLEW AROUND MY ROOM and yeah but Frank Ocean is great af

IT'S 4:20 AM IN CENTRAL TIME FOLKS. AT 6 AM THE SINGLE PLAYS. HERE WE GO.