64 {our biking trips}

hi my name is tired/blurryface
-----
Our bikes are in the shed, probably dusty.

We haven't used them since last summer.

"God, I HATE pedaling uphill," You yell to me, breathing hard.

"You'd think I'd be better at riding by now," I huff out, and you laugh hard.

"I love you."

"I love you too, but can't we just walk?" I ask, gasping for breath.

"Only quitters wa-yeah,you're right. Let's walk."

We get off our bikes, and you take one of my hands, your other one attached to one handle of your bike.

I smile softly at you, and you kiss my nose.

"You look so soft and pretty during sunsets. Like a delicate flower."

I giggle, swinging our hands between us. "Thank you, my shining sun."

"Sun?" You ask, furrowing your eyebrows adorably.

"The sun essentially gives a flower life. You give me life," I explain as we are about to reach the top of the hill.

"You make my heart beat so fast," You confess as you press my hand to your chest, and I can feel it beating a mile a minute.

"That's so-oh! Look at the sunset, Calum!"

The sky is beautiful, swirling with purples and pinks, brushstrokes of orange added to them. The sun is streaking against the colors, rays evident.

"This. This is the only way I can describe how I feel when I'm with you. My insides feel like how a sunset looks," You say, and my heart pangs.

"Kiss me," I whisper breathlessly.

You press you lips to mine softly, and I sigh contentedly.

"When you kiss me, my insides turn into sunsets too. I love you Calum. I'm glad I get to love you."

"I'm so, so happy with you babe. I love you Lukey, nothing will ever change that."

That biking trip makes me smile, every time I recall it.

You mean so much to me, and I know I mean a lot to you.

I love you, I miss you.

I want to feel like a pretty sunset again, but my sun has set already.
-----
I wasn't expecting this to be good but this iS MY FAVORITE THING THANKS TO MAYA FOR INSPIRING ME (per usual)