25 {your nervous habits}

what's your nervous habit? (Just so I can feel normal lol)
-----
I notice a lot of things, especially about you, Calum.

I'm just like your fangirls, eh?

Specifically, I notice your nervous habits a lot.
And no, I'm not ONLY talking about this because of the one How I Met Your Mother episode that mentions Ted's beer label nervous habit. Maybe. Shut up.

"Everything okay, Cal?" I ask. I've been watching you go from picking at your fingernails, to patting your thighs, to pulling your sweatshirt sleeves down and pushing them back up for the past five minutes.

"Y-yeah. Why?"

"Your nervous habits, obviously." I roll my eyes.

"I have nervous habits?" You inquire, looking genuinely confused.

"Oh yeah, definitely." I go into detail about your habits momentarily. "So what's making you so nervous?"

"It's nothing. It's um...stupid."

"If something's making you feel like this Cal, you can tell me what it is. I'm your best friend. I won't tell a soul, if you want?"

"N-no. No, I have to get it out. I have to tell you, or Ashton and Michael will beat the shit out of me and ask it themselves. That's not how I want it to happen. It's gotta come from me."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Luke...I, uh..."

"Out with it, Calum."

"Okay. I like...you. I like you, and I wanted to know if...you'd be okay with me taking you on a date?"

Youlikemebackyoulikem- "Oh my god, yes, that'd be more than okay with me!"

You break out into a grin of relief and ecstasy. "Really?! Oh thank god, I thought you'd reject me!" I hug you tightly.

"I could never reject you, I'd never forgive myself."

"Good to know that you won't reject me when I ask for you to marry me," You smirk, and I blush and bury my head into your chest.

"Aw, lil Lukey's blushing," You say, poking my red cheeks.

"Stop," I groan. "You make me blush too much."

"I like making you all embarrassed, it's cute." And I only press my face harder into your chest, listening to your fast paced heartbeat.

You still have the same nervous habits today, as a matter of fact. They really come out in interviews, that is, until a question about me comes up and your whole face just lights up.

And every time it happens, I blush.
-----
FINALLY A CUTE, NON-DEPRESSING ENDING.

CUE THE APPLAUSE. And also, you found out how this 6 year, long ass relationship began. BLESS.