120 {pity party}

I'm not sure if you guys knew this but...

TODAY, DECEMBER 4TH, IS MY BIRTHDAY. EITHER TODAY OR THE 3RD IS WHEN I POSTED MY FIRST WATTPAD ONE SHOT LMAO

AND TROYE'S ALBUM DROPPED AND IT'S SO FUCKINFGD GOOD YALL SO IT'S AN EVENTFUL DAY
-----
Birthdays have always been an important event in my family, but not in yours, so you tend to be a little more surprised with all the trouble I go to.

I make sure to get you the perfect gift and the perfect cake and-

Well, you get the idea.

"Lukey, I'm ba-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I shout, blowing into a noise maker.

You chuckle. "Aww, for me? Thank you baby, I love you." You kiss me, and I smile into the action.

"Was this supposed to represent what I'm getting for my birthday tonight?" You wink suggestively, holding my hand that has the noise maker in it.

I giggle, pressing my nose into your shoulder. "No, shut up, Cal."

"It's not a real birthday without birthday sex."

"We'll get there soon," I roll my eyes. "C'mon, I made you your favorite meal."

Your brown eyes brighten, making my heart feel all light and fluttery. "Steak and mashed...?"

I nod, wide grin on my face, and you gasp, grabbing me by my hips, pulling me flush to your chest.

"You didn't have to do that, but thank you so much, baby. I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world. How long did it take?"

"A few good, frustrating hours. But it's alright, really. I would do anything for you," I say earnestly.

You press a hand to my cheek and kiss me deeply. "You're the cutest fucking sap in the whole wide world. I'm so glad I was born today, so I can love you right here, right now."

"And you're calling me a sap?" I smirk.

"Okay, truce, truce," You surrender. "Did you make cake?"

"I got your mum to make you your favorite type. She dropped it off this afternoon. Tomorrow we're going out with all your family and friends for your birthday."

"Why not today?"

I blush. "I wanted you all to myself..."

You smirk. "Ah, I see. I want you too, princess...but steak and potatoes await!"

You pick me up by my thighs and jog over to our dining table, making me laugh uncontrollably.

And yeah, your birthday isn't for months, but I just got very nostalgic about the memory.

At least your birthday isn't on tour. Then all I'd get is a Skype call, and you'd go out to bars and God knows what would ensue from there.

But you'll be gone on my birthday, so I'm preparing myself for crying over a store bought cake. A true Melanie Martinez 'Pity Party.'

I'll still make a wish on the candles as I blow them out by myself, though.

And it's foolish, but I already know what I'm wishing for.

For you to come home to me.
-----
SUBURBIA IS MY FAVORITE BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD TRACK FUCKDIDND

anyways happy birthday to me wOOOO

I can't wait to see all my presents from everybody aw aw (esp maya)