112 {I'm a midnight talker}

yes the title is from Imagine Dragons' Polaroid bc that song is MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE OFF SMOKE + MIRRORS

truly an underrated band. anyways, I have 1 part left on my book report and I have a great idea for my Castle one shot and with all this motivation I might just finish Wonderland and post it

basically I'm putting in work rn. but I'll take some time to thank you all for being my constant motivations. and for 27K reads! words cannot describe how grateful I am.
-----
Late nights make me wanna jump up and travel.

You satisfied this explore hunger of mine with a quick solution, something that began in...junior year? Yep, 11th grade.

"Calum?" I ask, through the phone.

"Luke? What the hell do you want at this hour? It's midnight. We have scho-"

"I can't sleep, Cal. I just can't stop tossing and turning. I feel restless."

You pause. "Can you still fit through your window?"

~squiggles! time skips!~

My hands are still clutching my window sill tightly, eyes squeezed shut. There's no way I'm risking looking down.

And there's no way I'll make it if I just let go, so basically you'll find me dead whenever you arrive.

Then warm hands grab my ankles, and I gasp. "It's just me Lukey. Go on, I'll catch you."

You let go of my ankles, and I take a deep breath, and let go. Warm, strong arms hold me tight.

"Thanks Cally," I grin.

"Anything for my best friend." Right, always the best friend.

"So what are we doing to clear my head? Better have a good plan, I almost died back there."

"We're gonna take a walk down the street, and just talk."

"That's your plan! I almost died for that?!"

You take my hand in yours, rolling your eyes. "C'mon, it'll help."

We walk in silence for a while, arms just brushing. Not that I paid attention to it.

"I love midnight, everything seems so much better during this time of night. Or day," You chuckle, breaking the silence.

I love you. Wait. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, like...food and drinks taste better, thus midnight snacks are everyone's temptation. Cities look better, all lit up in their full glory. The atmosphere at midnight is just better. It's like the climax of each day, y'know?"

You look better, too. Wait that's mean sounding! You always look stunning, but right now you look so overwhelmingly beautiful in the moonlight.

If only I could tell you that.

Instead, I joke, "Is this the shit you think about in your spare time? Lame."

You shove my shoulder. "Oi, at least I don't call my friends in the middle of the night!"

"You just told me why you liked this time of night."

"Fuck off, Hemmings, you're lucky I'm trying to help you at all."

"And I am grateful for it, and you," I grin cheekily.

"I am too," You grin back, and toss an arm around my shoulders, and we talk about nothing, and everything.

I imagine you don't stay up til midnight on tour, being extremely tired all the time.

But I hope you think of me when the clock hits 12 AM, if you manage to keep your eyes open.

Because I do, and I wish I could travel back to those nights. Just so you'd be next to me again.

But all I can do is cherish those memories. Just until you come home, just wait.

Waiting for midnight, for you to walk by my side.
-----
more like I Walk the Line hA

Ashton and Luke's haircuts are so A+ I am blinded by their beauty

BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS AHHH okay I gtg when I start making too many music references I gtg