Prologue

Venus is the girl on top.

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-Venus POV-

I am walking around the streets of Washington trying to find my way to the Jeffersonian Institution, but I keep on hitting a dead end. I sighed as I looked around me trying to find any clues to where I could find the building. I then feel someone taping my shoulder from behind me, so I turn around seeing a tall built guy in a black and white tux. "Hey kid, I couldn't help but notice you looking for something. Are you perhaps lost?" "Oh, yes I am actually lost. I am new around here as you can see. I only have been here about a week, but I don't know where the Jeffersonian Institution is at." "Well, you are in luck I am actually heading that way to close off a case with someone." "Really!? Thats great. Thank you so much for helping me out." 

We started walking towards the Jeffersonian and so I decided to speak up breaking the silence. "So, you are a cop?" "Hmm. Ya, I am Booth from FBI." "Cool, I am Venus." "So, Venus what are you doing coming over at the Jeffersonian?" "Ah, you see I am supposed to meet Director Dr. Goodman head of the Jeffersonian Institution to discuss about my job there. Today will be my first day there. I am also looking for someone who works there." "I hope you find them. So, where you from, before coming here?" "Well, it may be hard to believe but I was discharged a week ago in a location you must not know about." Booth stops walking, causing me to stop as well. "Discharge? From what the military?" "Yes" "That is hard to believe. How old are you? You seem young to be in the military." "I am young. I'm 18, it's okay you don't believe me you could always do a background check on me to see if I am lying." I handed Booth my information card, as he briefly looked at it and putting it away in his pocket. "Ya, I will check up on that when we arrive at the Institution."

We finally arrived at the Institution and just as Booth said he walked off to the side and made a phone call to see if I checked out. Just then a man walked up to me with a small smile on his face. I smiled to him as well as I introduced myself to him. "Hello. I am the one you talked on the phone last week. I know you usually uses last names here to talk to one another Dr. Goodman, but I preferred if you called me Dr. Venus. It makes things much easier for me." "Why of course Dr. Venus. I was surprised at first when you applied for this job as to see you so young. But I couldn't help passing the opportunity of having you with such amazing skills and I believe you will excel my expectation I have for you at this institution." "Yes, I may be young, but I will surely do my best to excel your expectations for this place." "Excellent, as for what you must do regarding this job ...." before he could say anything else, Booth came up and intervened them. 

"Hey, yah sorry for interrupting Dr. Goodman but I got some questions for Venus here." "No, go ahead it wasn't like I was discussing about her job description here." "Great thanks. Okay, I had you checked out and you weren't lying. But doesn't the government recruit people once their 18." I look at both men briefly debating if I should tell them but deciding to go through with it and tell them. "Alright, I will tell you both as Dr. Goodman is my boss and you as well Booth since you will figure out eventually. But I ask you both to keep it to yourselves for now as I have been discharged last week and I am not really ready for anyone to know or ask anything about it. I hope you both understand." Both men smiled at me fondly as to say they understood. Booth speak up again. "No, I understand what you're saying. I also served for a few years as a ranger snipper." I smiled a bit at that. "Well, I served for 5 years in total 3 years in Navy Seals DEVGRU and 2 years in Delta Force. And yes, that means I was 14 at the time. But I didn't really have a choice as I was the first and only to be put in a military experimental program to see how kids like me could adapt to war. I was trained for all different types of scenarios and weaponry. But in the end, I was scarred."