Episode 43 "The Pain in the Heart" Part 2

-No One POV-

The enter the vault as Cam says, "Security had the entrance to this wing locked and the vault itself was secured." They then see the skeleton not there anymore as Brennan asks, "The skeleton." Booth adds, "Where'd it go?" Hodgins shrugs, "We don't know. I came down to see if the screws matched the silver in the skeleton, and the skeleton was gone." Sweets then adds, "But there's security cameras and sensors covering every inch of this place." Cam then speaks, "They all failed." Booth then asks, "All of 'em?" "When Zack's explosion set off all the alarms, every security camera in the building failed." Hodgins add, "The door to the loading dock was unlocked." Brennan then says, "Someone stole the skeleton." 

Cam adds, "Ten minutes before the explosion?" Hodgins then says, "Everything is working perfectly." They were looking a the security footage as Cam says, "Fast forward, Hodgins passes Zack the container of tricyclic acetone peroxide." "I thought it was the monomer." "The explosion occurred at 12:03 and 22 seconds. At 12:03 and 22 seconds..." Booth then asks, "Aren't there any backup systems?" "All dead, too." Brennan then asks, "Where were the guards?" "There was as chemical accident. That takes precedence over any other security issue. All personnel went to secure the lab or to secure any point that went to the museum proper, so there'd be no loss of life." 

Brennan was looking through Venus file as she explains, "During that time, the vault and the skeleton would be unsecured." Cam nods, "Yes, until the security system was brought back up at 12:18 and 41 seconds. The explosion was a diversion set up by Gormogon." Brennan then says finally finding something, "Ven had also found some suspicion about this too." Everyone looked at her as it hit Hodgins, "Yes! She told Zack and I earlier on how she was looking into this case herself on the sidelines. She said that she was close in figuring out the apprentice." Brennan shakes her head, "No she did figure it out." 

Cam and Hodgins asks, "What?" "She has recorded every second the security system went down. It starts from something as small as five seconds that would've gone unnoticed. But it shows it gradually started to get longer." Booth then says, "He's here in the lab and Blueberry figured it out that it was an inside job. Gormogon works at the Jeffersonian." Brennan then says, "Ven said that it was his new apprentice." Sweets then says, "That is a totally freaky thought." Booth then gets on the phone, "Yeah, it's Booth. Listen, I need a full forensic team sent to the Jeffersonian- mobile labs, computers, analysis, the works. No, their equipment could be compromised.

It has been a few hours later and Cam has been coming down to the vault to see if there has been any progress as she asks Marc the FBI Forensic, "Hair, prints, anything?" "Not since you asked five minutes ago, no." She then hears Caroline, "Dr. Saroyan, please don't bother the techs. You have a problem you see me." "It's my people you suspect here. Since Venus is not here, I am the one in charge of these people. So, I want to make sure you're doing your job. After all, you're a prosecutor not a forensic..." "You have been breathing down our necks for two hours, cherie. Why don't you go get a latte or something? You shouldn't be here anyway." "This is my department." "I know, and you have full security clearance and complete access to the lab and the vault." "Are you saying I'm a suspect now?" "I'm saying someone's gonna put your name on the list. You were a cop. Wouldn't you?" "You've got over 30 agents here. Find something."

Booth and Brennan are eating at the dinner as she says, "The Medico-Legal lab has over 100 employees." "And all their records are being looked at, including yours, Blueberry and mine. I just want to know what clue Venus discovered to figure out who this apprentice is." Brennan shrugs, "I went through all of her file and couldn't find any hints. She possibly found the last clue before the explosion." Booth sighs and nods, "Yeah, we just have to figure it out ourselves or the possibility of her waking up soon will be of help." Brennan nods, "Well, you're just having coffee? Don't you want pie?" "I'm fine." "You always have pie." "Can we stop talking about pie?" "Because of what Sweets said?" "I'm just going pie-less, okay?" Sweets then comes over to them, "Can we talk for a minutes? I have a profile of someone I feel could be Gormogon." He then looks down on Booth's side of the table, "No pie? You always eat pie." "Enough with the pie. Will you just sit down?" "All right."