Episode 16 "The Titan on the Tracks" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Recently Boss and I have been discussing on how he would love to be spending more time with his family, than all day at work. I suggested he does that, and I could run the place for him while he could come at least once or twice a month, just to keep updated about everything. He thought about for a day or two and after he agreed. So, we came up some plans and decided to hire one person for each department and be head of that division and will be run by me. This is to take some of my workload off my shoulders. But luckily today is the day that I will be meeting my head of forensic division as it is also her first case with us. And all I will be doing is evaluating her in secret while doing some paperwork to keep everything updated for the Institution.

I am in the back of the car with Temp and Booth on the front seats as we make it our way to the crime scene/ accident. Booth then asks us, "What'd you do?" Temp answers, "I read, walked on the beach, chilled" "Oh, you chilled, in Darfur. You chilled in Darfur? In North Carolina. I changed my vacation plans to spend time with our brother." I sigh saying, "I couldn't go. I had was really busy and doing important matters that I could not leave for another day." Booth smiled not wanting to laugh as Temp continues, "Russ and I talked about it and we really want to find dad." "Okay, well, just so you know, the FBI's gonna find your father, no matter what you want." Temp shakes her head, "My brother and us don't want the FBI to backburner the search." I then add, "Hey if the do find him at least this means he wont be running away from us..." 

Just as I was about to finish Booth made a heavy left turn and I didn't expect it so I hit my head with the window. After he straightens out I groan and rubbed my head as he says a small sorry as Temp speaks again. "Is it okay to go over on two wheels like that?" "Only when making very sharp turns at high speeds. Hey, Bones, why don't you have a little, uh, you know, faith in me, okay? I'm not gonna backburner the case. All right? I'm gonna find your father." I then add, "That's what Russ said you'd say." Temp the says, "Yes our brother did say that." "Eh, you really keep saying 'my brother' a lot." "Well, we lost Russ for 15 years. I like the sound of it. My brother. What's with the siren? Why are you driving like a maniac?" I chuckle as we finally arrived at the scene.

We get out of the car as we hear a man say, "Get your team ready, we're goin' in." I look around and see so many injured and I start getting some flashbacks during the time I was still in the military. I started to shake a bit I closed my eyes and counted to ten and was able to keep myself composed and focused on the situation. We started walking as Booth explains the situation to us, "Two passenger cars off the tracks. One on the side. There's gonna be fatalities." Then we hear a woman calling out to someone, "Stan! I need some gauze! Danny... if you don't find the owner of this in the next ten minutes he'll bleed to death. Starting... now." She walks over to us without realizing as she looks up she says, "Seeley." "Camille." "Don't call me Camille." "Don't call me Seeley. Dr. Brennan, Dr. Venus, Dr. Saroyan." "You three know each other, right?" 

Temp says no as I say, "I only heard stories but we never actually meet in person." Dr. Saroyan then says, "Dr. Brennan, I'd like you to check out the automobile this train hit- it's probably what caused the derailment." Booth asks, "Accidental?" "The NTSB guy says the train struck the car at least 200 yards from the nearest access." "Deliberate?" "Eight minutes, Steve!" "Probably suicide. Why are you still hear Dr. Brennan?" Temp then says, "Because I'm not a coroner, and I don't work for you." I tug Temps sleeve as I whisper down saying, "I forgot to mention that she is your Boss.... Sorry." Dr. Saroyan didn't notice me whispering to Temp as she says, "Well, you got that half right." 

We then hear Steve say, "Got him, Cam. Still breathing!" "Thanks, Steve! All right. Every survivor is one less person for me to autopsy. You look good out of your suit, Seeley. But then, you always did." I didn't expect her to say that as I blushed furiously as Booth says, "Yeah. That's... Great to have you back in D.C., Camille." Temp then says, "One minute she's holding a severed arm, the next she's hitting on you." "No, she wasn't hitting on me, and you know what? She is your boss, Bones." I guess Temp also didn't hear what I said when I whispeared to her to as she says, "No, Goodman and Ven are my boss. May I approach?" "All yours, Dr. Brentan, Dr. Venus." Temp corrects him, "Dr. Brennan... Brennan." "Do you want to guess my name?" "No, but there are thousands of you in D.C. and only one of me." I then say, "Temp, that's not true there is only one type of person in this world. Plus he is Nelson, we've been working with him for the past year and half."