Episode 40 "The Baby in the Bough" Part 1

-Venus POV-

It was night as Temp, Booth, and I are heading to a crime scene as Temp asks, "What do you know about the Cayman Islands?" "Great diving. You know, lots of sea turtles. Why, are you going?" "No, my accountant wants me to set up a tax shelter there." "Tax shelter?" "Yeah." "Exactly how loaded are you?" "Well, that is an offensive way to phrase the question. But... quite loaded. I'm betting.... a seven-figure advance for my next book." "Seven figures, wow. Without the decimal point?" "The publishers make considerably more. Also Venus has much more than me." I nod, "I am not even sure how much I have anymore... It keeps on increasing every hour..." Booth looked at me shockingly as he then asks Temp, "What's the first of those seven figures?" "A prime number. What do you do with your money?" "I use it for food and rent." I nod as we arrived at the crime scene.

It looked like a crash site that blew up in flames as we get out of the car and Booth asks, "Hey, what do we got here?" The Sheriff asks, "You Agent Booth?" "Special Agent Booth. How you doing?" "Sheriff Delpy." "This here's my partners." Temp cuts in, "We could introduce ourselves. Dr. Temperance Brennan." I go next, "I'm Dr. Venus Brennan, but call me Dr. Venus." He nods as Booth asks, "Somebody ran the car off the road." "Gravel makes it impossible to get an traceable tire marks." Temp and I are sniffing the air around the car as I speak, "The victim was doused with gasoline and then set on fire." "Farmer three miles away saw the smoke, called it in." Temp then speaks, "It's female, probably in her early 20s. Preaurilar sulcus on the iliac. She's given birth." Booth adds, "Ran off the side of the road, set on fire. Somebody wanted her dead." Sheriff Delpy then speaks, "Thats why I need your help. I've only got six deputies covering 400 square miles. We're stretched thinner than plastic wrap." I nod as Temp says, "Compund fractures to the right tibia and fibula, crushed menubrium, massive skull trauma." I walk to the trunk as it opens as I see baby supplies as Temp finishes speaking, "I'm not certain yet whether she died in the accident."

I then hear a baby cry as I freeze as Temp continued, "or the fire." I then speak, "Temp I need you to be silent for a moment. Did you hear that?" We listen as another baby cried out. Booth heard it, "Everybody, keep quiet! Stop working! I heard that Blueberry!" I nod as we start looking around where the cry came from. Temp then speaks, "It sounds like a cat." We hear the baby cry as I say, "It's a baby." I look up seeing that the baby carrier was hanging onto a branch as I pull on Booth's sleeve as I point up. They all look up seeing the baby as well. The sheriff says, "Holy Crap!" I started speaking, Get a ladder down here now!" Everyone starts working as we kept an eye on the baby carrier.

We were waiting as a paramedic carrying the baby with the Sheriff comes over to us as he says, "There's not even a scratch on the boy. It's a miracle." I smile getting excited to see the baby boy as he looked around curiously as Temp says, "Hardly. Car seats are specifically engineered to protect the child from..." I started playing with the baby as Booth asks Temp, "From what, flying out of the back of the car and landing in a tree?" He starts fussing with being in the arms of the paramedic as I awwed, "Aww, do you want to come with me." I grab him as Booth says, "Oh, look at him, Bones. He looks a little fussy there. Why don't you pick him up and give him a cuddle?" I speak cuddling the baby as he calms down. "To late for her, I beat her to it." Temp then adds, "Just because I have breasts doesn't mean I have magical powers over infants. You're the one with a son." "It seems that Blueberry has already handled him." They watch as I hold him securly and play around with him.

Booth then says, "My turn." He hands Temp the baby bag, "Here you go. You have fun with the diaper bag. You look good. Come on, little man. Whoa! Hi! Why don't you say hi to your grumpy old Auntie Bones?" I chuckle as Temp says, "I am not grumpy. Th-the..." The baby touches her and coos as Temp tries to talk to the Sheriff as she looks at him, "the vinyl seat melted and fused to the body, so we need that brought back to the Jeffersonian, and the driver's door for particulate evidence." The sheriff nods, "Kid smells a little ripe. Might want to take care of that." Booth and I nod as I then say, "I never changed a dipper before... If you could teach me I could do it." Booth nods, "Okay. Okay, Bones, I'm gonna have to change him. Just hold onto him here. Here you go." "Wha... Oh. Oh! Oh!"  "Got him? Okay. All right, here we go." I chuckle as Temp looked very uncomfortable holding the baby. Booth takes off his sweater, "We'll work together on this one. Changing Diapers 101, Bones, Blueberry." I smile, "Here we go!"