Episode 33 "The Soccer Mom in the Mini-Van" Part 1

-Venus POV-

We are walking up to the crime scene as Booth tells Temp, "Look, Bones, all I'm saying is that Caroline went to a lot of trouble to get you and Blueberry private visitation with your father, and now you don't want it." "The federal detention facility already has visiting areas." I nod, "That is true sis, but it's behind two-inch glass." Booth nods adding, "I mean, now you'll be able to give your old man, you know, a hug!" "I didn't ask for special treatment, Booth." I then say, "That's because you don't have to, because you are already special!" I give Temp my signature smile as smiles back at me as well. Booth nods adding, "And you are going to tell me... Whoa, what happened to whatever the hell is melted to that steering wheel and... everything else?" I chuckle and start off, "It's female, mid-40s to late 50s." Temp adds, "Pelvis indicates she's given birth." "Hey, Bones, Blueberry, look at that- married, right?" Temp picks up the finger and examines it, "Wedding ring- it's a possibility." Temp then looks at one of the tech guys, "Don't just focus on the ground." She then points up in the trees as we all look up seeing a leg stuck up there.

Temp then asks Booth, "Why do you care about my and Ven relationship with our father, Booth? You were only too happy to arrest him and put him in prison." "All right, look, Bones, you know, it's not about being happy, okay? It's about doing my job." I look at him, "Aren't you just a bit happy catching him?" "Just a bit." I chuckle as Temp then says, "Do we know if it was a bomb that caused the explosion?" I was going to answer as Booth cuts me off, "Well, let's see, the roof is peeled back, and the doors and..." Temp looks at him, "I was asking him." We look to the side and see Marcus popping his head out, "We found explosive residue all over the van and metal fragments in the bushes." 

Booth asks, "What is that, a pipe bomb?" I then say, "We can't be really sure on what it is yet Ranger." Marcus nods, "Until the explosive unit gets the van back to the lab." Temp then says, "No, they can't have the van. There are remains seared all over the inside of the vehicle, and they can't be compromised." I look at Marcus, "I have to call and get..." Temp cuts him off, "This van will be brought to the Jeffersonian. Your bomb techs can look at it there." "I'll... make the call?" Booth and I pat Marcus back as I say, "Tell then the Jeffersonian will provide any of the materials you need. I am sorry for her behavior... she is having a rough day today." Booth adds, "That's all right, you go make that call." 

Marcus leaves as Booth and I look at Temp, "Bones, come on, you were a little harsh there. Maybe you want to talk it out." I nod as Temp says, "Look, Booth, Ven."  We look, "It's a locket." Temp opens it revealing a picture of a girl as Booth says, "Aw, it's... probably her daughter." I then ask, "Who would want to blow up a soccer mom?" We look at each other wondering why?

We are in the lab as the team is collecting evidence and body parts as Angie comes over to us, "Hey, you have a skull for a facial reconstruction?" Zack then says, "Help yourself." Angie looks down and sees the skull in pieces, "Oh, great. Is this all I have to work with? I've always hated puzzles." Temp then says while I undo the steering wheel, "Hodgins, before we take the hands from the wheel, you might want, to check the fingernails for particulates." I finally get the wheel off as Hodgin says, "You know I do." Angie looks at the hands stuck on the wheel, "Oh, my God." Zack then asks, "Shouldn't you wait for the bomb tech before you gather the explosive residue?" I then say, "He is just getting enough to verify his results." Hodgin nods as he gives each other a fist bump as he says, "Remember, he's a government bureaucrat." Angie then says, "Hey, you're a government bureaucrat, babe." "In name only. I am a passionate, dedicated scientist who will not be cowed by authoritarian pressure." Hodgins gets in the Van as I then say, "Sorry Hodgins, you can't get inside the van until the bomb tech comes in." "But..." Cam then comes over to us and says to Hodgins, "Out." He sighs and listens to us as he says, "Fine, I have the fingernails anyway."