Episode 38 "The Knight on the Grid" Part 1

-Venus POV-

Temp and I were at the lab in Cams workspace as Zack were also there also there to examine the body. I speak first, "The blow through the sternum would've been fata. In which was dealt by a double-edged blade." Temp nods, "So we know our killer is strong." Cam adds, "Based on the rate of decomp, I'd say he's been dead three days. Probably dumped Friday night." Hodgin then comes over to us, "The gem stone is jade. I'm narrowing down the exact type now." I nod as Cam hands him a sample, "Grit from the wounds." "Hey, grit to you, open book to me." I chuckle as Temp and I continue looking at the knees as Zack says, "The injuries to the knees aren't from baseball bats or bullets." I nod as Temp says, "Zack is right. The victim's patella's were removed surgically." We watch as Zack turns to Hodgin, "King of the Lab." I chuckle and shake my head at the usual antics that the three of us have.

Temp and I went back home as Temp has the mail checking through them. Before she gets through them all we hear a knock. Temp hands me the mail as she went to answer it. As she gets it I land on a particular envelope that has a bit of weight to it that is addressed to me. I looked at it curiously as I was about to open it as I hear someone ask, "Dr. Brennans?" I stop and see who it could be as Temp nods, "Yes?" "Amy Hollister." I walked over as Temp looked confused not sure who she is as I say, "Amy? You are our brother's girlfriend right?" She nods as Temp says, "Please come in." "Thanks." We let her in as I ask, "Would you like something to drink?" "No, no, I-I'm sorry, I... I don't have a lot of time. Do either of you know where Russ is?" I shake my head sadly, "Sorry, we haven't seen Russ in months." "Oh. Um... I have two little girls, well, you know. And, um, the youngest one, that's Hayley, she's not doing to good. Cystic fibrosis." I nod as Temp says, "Russ mentioned that she had lung problems." "Mm, well, her breathing's real bad and, um, now her liver. And, um... she keeps asking for Russ." She hands us a photo as it was a picture of Hayley and Russ together. 

I smile a bit at the picture then get an idea, "Temp how about we give her the number of the doctor." She nods and goes over to the counter to write it down on a paper as she says to Amy, "We are going to give you the... phone number of Dr. Leo Goetz." I then felt something a bit wet on my hand as I looked down at where I was still holding the envelope seeing that blood is seeping threw it as I hid it behind me for now as Temp continues to say, "He's the premiere authority on cystic fibrosis in the country." Amy then says, "I can't afford that." I then shake my head, "Oh, no, Amy, we are friends of Leo. He'd do it for us as a favor, no charge." Temp nods and hands her the paper as Temp adds, "I'm going to give him a call, tell him to expect you." "I... I don't know what to say. Thank you." We nod as I say, "It's alright. We know how much Russ cares for the girls and we are glad to be able to do something for them." She smiles as Temp adds, "And as for Russ... I think you're be better off talking to Dad." She nods, "I understand. Um, thank you for both of your time." We smile at her as I say, "Thank you for visiting us. Please come again whenever you want." She nods and leaves as Temp closes the door.

Once Temp closed the door I used my other hand that doesn't have the bloody envelope and grab Temp. She looks at me as I show her the envelope that has been addressed to me. "Temp grab something that we could open it with. She nods as I set the envelope back on the table as she grabs two instruments and places a bag over my hand that has blood as she then says, "Just in case, your hands may contain evidence." I nod, "Alright but help me open it." She nods as we start opening it carefully We take out a clear plastic that is wrapped around a bloodied cloth. We unfold it as it reveals a symbol. We open it again as it completely as it reveals the knee caps that where missing. I sigh as Temp says, "The knees." We looked at each other as I say, "We should take this back to the lab and give Ranger a call." She nods as we start getting ready as I make a call to Booth.

We are at the lab as Angie says to me, "Someone sent you human kneecaps in the mail? That is, like, ugh." I nod, "This is not the most idealist gift to send someone to get their attention." Cam then says, "Zack says they match our victim." Booth then says, "We're dusting the envelope for prints. It was sent somewhere from the D.C. area." Temp then adds, "These patellas are unusually worn." "Worn from what?" "It's hard to say definitively, but I'd say the man did a lot of kneeling." I add, "Well, that's a way to propose to me." Booth gives me a weird look as Angie then says, "Wait a minute, I've seen that before. That symbol looks familiar. Like it's from some kind of seal." I nod as Booth says, "Hey, look, Bones, Blueberry, you both gonna, you know, stay with a friend, check into a hotel, right?" Angie pipes in, "They could stay with me." I nod, "Sleepover nice." Booth nods, "Great." Temp then says, "Thank you. No. Why?" Cam speaks, "Mr. Kneecaps has your home address." "We can't freak out every time somebody Googles us."