Episode 73 "The Devil in the Details" Part 1

Venus POV

We all decided to be in Temps new car as she drives us to the crime scene. She then says, "Notice how I'm not tailgating? Adaptive cruise control." I smile sitting in the back looking at the two as Booth says, "Mm-hmm. Yeah, well, right now I'm more worried about a safe distance between you and us." He points at himself and me as Temp asks confused, "Why?" I then say, "I think it's because we're going to a church Temp." Booth nod adding, "And you tend to get blasphemous in churches." Temp then asks, "What, you're afraid that if God smites me with lightning, you two could get hit?" "Yeah. We're usually standing right beside you." "The Greek god Zues also used lightning to incinerate his enemies. Although... Zues apparently had better aim than your God."

I just chuckled at her honest bluntness as Booth looks at her, "Exactly. Stuff like that. Just don't say stuff like that. All right? Are we- What's going on here? Are we going the right way?" I smile leaning a bit towards between them, "Yes. It's a really cool new feature Ranger. All we have to say is 'Saint Dominic's Roman Catholic Church'..." the GPS starts calculating the route as I finish, "into the voice activated G.P.S." I sit back as Booth says, "Car, could you please get us there a little faster?" Temp then says not getting it was a joke, "No. The accelerator is not voice-activated. It's foot-activated like a normal car." Booth nods, "Right." I chuckle again as I say, "Temp... he's joking..." Temp finally understood as she laughs, "Oh. You're joking." "Yeah." "That's funny."

We arrived at the church as we make our way down the ail. We then see the priest coming our way as Booth says, "Father Patrick, I'm Special Agent Seeley Booth. These here's my partners, Dr. Temperance Brennan and Dr. Venus Brennan." Temp shakes the father's hand as he says to us, "I have no idea what I'm going to tell our congregation. He has horns." Temp then says, "Yes. That would have great meaning for your superstitious followers." I just smiled as Booth whispers pointing over to himself and me, "Yeah, like us." I start putting my gloves on as Booth asks, "Was the, uh, sanctuary locked?" The father nods, "Yes, but doors and windows mean nothing to unclean spirits." Temp then adds, "Many cultures since the dawn of humanity have explained evil as the work of mythical, supernatural beings." "Evil is not mythical, Dr. Brennan. It emanates from the opposition. From Satan and his minions." He then walks away as we go towards the body as Booth then says looking at the body, "Bones, Blueberry, that looks like a demon."

I do a small cross and then go up to the body as Booth starts kneeling as he continues, "All right? You understand?" Temp then says, "Booth, if your superstitions are getting the best of you, Ven and I can continue our examination alone. Even she isn't bothered by it." I then say, "Oh, it's not because I'm bothered by it, Temp. I sure do believe the idea of demons and other supernatural stuff, it's just that it's still a body in the end that we have to solve. Science first then supernatural second." She nods as Both then says, "I am just saying a prayer for us to protect us from the evil. You understand? I mean, come on. Even you believe in evil." Temp examines the body with me as she says, "Well, I believe in genetic anomalies and aberrant behavior. Also, accidents. Unfortunately, prayers do not have much effect on the physical world."

Booth then points to the horns, "Those are horns." I nod, "They are. The smell indicates the remains were doused in some kind of petrochemical accelerant- which also explains the fire didn't spread past the table." He nods, "Right. And you just blew right past the whole horn thing. Have either of you seen this before?" I shake my head as Temp says, "No. It's fascinating." "Fascinating.' Can't be real, right? It must be some kind of plastic or something, right?" I check the horns as I shake my head, "No, they appear to be composed pf actual bone." Booth looked very disturbed as he asks, "Those are real horns?" I nod as Temp asks, "You okay Booth?" "Yeah, I'm all right. Let's just, uh- What do you two say we just get Hellboy wrapped up and back to the Jeffersonian?" He looks at some of his men, "Come on, guys. Let's go."