Episode 13 "The Man in the Morgue" Part 3

-No One POV-

Booth and Brennan are back at morgue as Booth talks. "According to Bureau files, Rene Mouton headed up a small voodoo church. By all accounts, he was a very good man. Now, he rescued scores of people during Katrina. Then he just disappeared. Some thought he was just swept away when the levee broke." Brennan asks, "Why would anyone murder him?" "You know the chaos, during the evacuation. Could even have been for a bottle of water." Then Sam comes up to them with a suggestion, "Or because he was a priest. The gris-gris box, the murder of Dr. Legiere, the unconscious state of Dr. Venus, your amnesia-- this is the work of a bokor, a Secte Rouge sorcerer. Rene Mouton was a houngan, a powerful and well-loved priest. For Secte Rouge to claim his soul, this would give them influence on all the people that he influenced." Brennan then suggests, "Like a chain letter." 

Booth then adds, "Or in the real world, somebody who wanted his shoes." "No, Booth, it makes sense." "Wait? What does?" "Venus, Graham and I were on the trail of a broker..." Sam corrects her, "Bokor." "And he found out, or Secte Rouge did." Booth nods, "Allright, great. Then we just toss the ring into the molten river and blah, blah, right? Look, in the meantime, somebody here had the ability to hide Mouton's body and files." Brennan suggests, "James Embry." Sam then adds, "Me." Brennan continues, "Mike Doyle." Booth then suggests, "Say you wanted to hide a particular body and you didn't want anyone to find out-- where would you put it?" They all looked at each other and start walking.

They entered where they keep all of the bodies as Sam speaks, "If I wanted to hide a body, I'd change the nametag on the coffin." Brennan speaks out after checking one of the coffins, "Not Mouton, too young." Booth then adds, "He's buried, and the evidence is gone forever." Brennan checks another casket, "Female. You know, I find that hard to believe that horny little Mike Doyle is a voodoo sorcerer." Brennan opens another casket revealing Mikes dead body as Booth looks at it to, "Mm. Me, too." Brennan adds, "Speak of the devil, it's Mike Doyle and he is not alone."

They are in the examination room as Detective Harding was there to investigate. Brennan whispers to Booth, "You said to avoid the police." "Not cooperating is one thing, Bones, okay? Concealing a double homicide? We might as well give them an excuse to hang us." Harding comes over to them, "Dr. Embry says that you can identify the bag of bones." "The skeletal remains belong to a man named Rene Mouton. His skull is missing." James then speaks, "Looks to me that Mike was drugged; a spike was driven through his head during or immediately following sexual intercourse." "Well, it appears that Dr. Brennan, Dr. Embry, and Sam Potter here are the only three people who could have pulled this off." Booth then adds, "Sam Potter brought us to the body; we called you in. Who does that leave?" Harding looks at James as he speaks, "Oh, please. There's no security in this place. Anyone could have gotten in here."

Brennan then asks, "You said that Mike was having sex when he died. James, he must have been killed by the coffin girl."  Harding then asks, "What?" Booth then asks, "What's her name?" James then answers, "Well, I never got her name." Brennan then asks, "Is there a mojo in Doyle's mouth?" Harding then answers, "I don't feel comfortable releasing that..." "The girl is a voodoo sorcerer. She works for Secte Rouge." Booth then adds in, "Detective Harding, I know this is, you know, sounds superstitious, but..." "Three ritual murders and two world-renowned anthropologist, one who hasn't woken up and another who can't remember how both her and her sister end up smeared with the blood of a skinned man, crucified to a wall with spikes. Call me superstitious." 

Sam then speaks up, "Excuse me. May I scatter fwan ginea over Mr. Mouton? To purify his remains." Harding says, "No! No more of this voodoo crap. I don't want you contaminating the body." Brennan asks, "What is it?" "Ashes from a ritual fire pit. Ashes from a dove's feather, salt mixed with holy water." Booth nods, "Okay, okay, you know, we get the idea, just..." Brennan cuts Booth off, "It should have no effect on the bones, Detective Harding." "Fine, fine, go ahead." Sam starts doing the ritual and sprinkles the fwan ginea. Then the bones started to react as Booth freaks out a bit, "Whoa! Did you see that?" Brennan nods, "Very interesting phenomenon. The electrostatic charge of the particles reacted with bone. Angela was unable to recreate the pattern from the X-rays using the best technology in the world." Booth then adds, "Electrostatic, my ass. That was part of an emblem of a 1959 Caddy Brougham... Oh, boy." Harding then asks, "What?" Brennan answers, "The Voodoo shop guy owns a 1959 Cadillac." Booth adds, "He's got a voodoo daughter." The start leaving to head towards the shop.