Episode 30 "The Glowing Bone in the Old Stone House"

-Venus POV- 

Temp and Booth went to go view the body as I was at the lab preparing everything for when they get here with the body. Two hours later I get a call from Booth saying that the body was going to get over here in about an hour and how the body was glowing but there was no indication of anything radioactivity on it. That grew me more curious as I had the team gather up as I explain the so far findings the two have made and what we should expect and prepare for this case.

The body came in and a few minutes later Temp as well. We are up on the platform as I start examining the body. "Nicks on the ribs and hemorrhaging in the adjacent intercostal muscles are consistent with stabbing." Temp adds, "Repeated stabbing. Someone was angry." I nod as Zack adds, "Incised cuts on the left radius and ulna are congruent with defensive injuries." I then walk over to Hodgins to see how much he has got when Temp asks him, "Still no answer for the luminescent bones?" "It's not like we get a human light bulb in here every day." I chuckle and fist bumped Hodgins as he continues, "I've got mature first instar Phoenicia sericata about to molt." I look at it and add, "It indicates that she's been dead approximately 48 hours." Hodgin nods, "I've got to take more scapings from the bones to analyze for luminescence." I then point over to a certain spot of the skull. "You can scrape this area Hodgins." He nods and starts getting to work.

Booth then comes over to us, "Okay, squint squad, why does she look like a glow stick?" I look at Hodgin and says, "Why don't people understand how that particular job isn't as easy you make it out to be?" "I don't know..." Cam then comes over to us as well, "Wow, you weren't kidding. If we twirl her around, we can pretend we're at a rave. What's the good word. Hodgins?" I sigh and pat Hodgin's back as he says, "Hey, I-I am not a party trick." Cam then asks, "Are you okay?" Zack then says, "The bones probably remind him of Waitomo Cave." "Not... true." Temp then says, "I've been there in New Zealand, it's filled with tiny glowing worms and in the darkness, it looks like thousands of stars.... very romantic." Zack then says, "Yes, that's where he was going to take Angela for their honeymoon. If she'd said yes... which she didn't."

We were all quite as Hodgins then says, "Okay, look, people, Angela and I are cool. Okay? But she's... complicated. I will figure her out though, just like these electric bones. Let's just go back to work, okay?" We just watch him as Cam says, "All right. Nice bracelet." She grabs the bodies hand as she looks at Temp, "Do you need the left hand?" "No, too fleshy and no stab wounds." "Just how I like them."

Cam got us a print as Angie gets the ID for us. We are sitting waiting as she then says, "Okay, Carly Victor, 29... Carly Victor?!" Booth and I look at her as he asks, "Do you know her?" "Yeah, she's that celebrity chef." Temp then says, "Carly's Table over on Calvert. Chef would explain the cuts to her left hand and burns." "All right, this is her Myspace page." We look at it as Booth says, "Wait a second, is that the place with the famous mac and cheese?" Angie nods, "Yeah, it's like impossible to get into." "Totally impossible." "You, too?" "Well, mac and cheese, that's God's best handiwork." I then say, "She puts leeks in it and little bits of pancetta; it was very delicious. Right Temp?" 

Temp nods, "It was very good." Booth looks at us, "How did you both get in?" Temp looks at Booth, "I'm a best-selling author, Booth; I get in anywhere. I took Sully..." Booth then asks, "Did he have...?" "He said it was 'the best he ever ate." Booth then looks at me, "I just got a reservation and bam I got in. I tried to ask if you wanted to go, but you said that you were busy. So, I asked Zack instead." Booth scoffs as Temp asks, "Why are all those pictures on her page?" Angie then says, "That's friends... different communities she's joined, blogs, her husband, cooking videos." Booth adds, "A lot of knives in the kitchen. Easy grab for one of these, uh, 'friends' to stab her. Why don't you check the pages and see if anyone had a problem with her." Temp then says, "I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill Carly." We looked at her as she says, "She came out to see if we were enjoying our meal. We talked for a while, I was.... supposed to o back and see her next week, with Ven this time." I then ask her, "Are you okay, sis?" "Yeah. I'm just used to victims being strangers." It was silent for a moment as she then says, "We should tell her husband, Booth." "Sure."